Old maps!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old maps!

Would anyone be interested in playing some old maps?
    Such as mineshaft @ nsarmslab.com/flash/fileinfo.php?id=536
    or NSArmLab's 1.0mappack @ nsarmslab.com/flash/fileinfo.php?id=516

I could even make a pack from old files I still have (1.04, 2.0, a few others...)

Thoughts?

Re: Old maps!

We actually had pretty much all the old v1.0\2.0 versions of the maps on the server at one point, but they really weren't fun to play beyond the nostalgia. The newer (mostly improved) versions are a lot funner to play on, seeing as how the game has changed so much since their original versions.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It would be interesting to play caged and hera (1.04) for their fun relocations. But only for a few minutes.
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I can sadly say i've never played on any of the 'old' versions, that i know of. Would be interesting but i wouldn't want them on the server full time, why didn't we think of THIS for memorial day?

Comment

Well, I'm not looking for them to be in rotation... that could be rather horrible...lol

However, if there was a way to vote for it? Or do it on some planned random day tbh??

Comment

1.04 ns bast ftw

Comment

I haven't seen agora for a while....

Comment

I haven't missed agora. Ever.
                aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I can't even remember what agora looked like. I'll have to take your word that it was terrible.

What was that one map that had marine start in the center, with the hives around it in a circle? It was around for awhile in 3.0 beta testing but never made it to public release, I think. Certainly had a unique feel, although it wasn't really very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                    What was that one map that had marine start in the center, with the hives around it in a circle? It was around for awhile in 3.0 beta testing but never made it to public release, I think. Certainly had a unique feel, although it wasn't really very good.
                    That'd be ns_delta, by tommyd (of tanith, pulse and faceoff fame). I didn't really care for the visual style, and the gameplay didn't exactly work with the MS in the dead center. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.

I really liked Agora visually, but I don't care for its layout. The Center hive was insanely far away from Marine start, and there were massive elevation changes on the map that really hindered marine progress. In terms of scale its actually larger than Machina, and it'd probably be a pretty good map if you played at 10v10 or larger all the time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X