I broke it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke it

Not the server this time. I broke a tiny bridge off the back of my motherboard while installing a huge heatpipe on my chipset. The little plastic clip used to hold it on snapped it right off. Anyway, all that means is that I'll be away when I can't use a roommates computer. I'll have to make a few calls to see if I can get an RMA. :P

Happy gaming.
    Attached Files

Re: I broke it

Sorry to hear. Good luck with the replacement.

Comment

You broke a jumper? If that's what that is, then all you have to do is solder a piece of wire across the two paths, and it'll work the same as it did before.

Can't exactly see what "this is" but if it's a jumper, that's all you gotta do. Sometimes, you can even take a paper clip and jam it in the holes where the jumper was. It'll work, but it may affect activity within the computer. Slow things down on some sides. The paper clip will conduct, but it's entirely too thick to conduct the voltage that goes across a jumper. Really just depends on what jumper it is.

That is always assuming that is IS a jumper and not like a capacitor or something. :P

WE'LL MISS YOU!

-Mom
      Last edited by Yer Mom; 06-13-2007, 10:12 AM. Reason: For sake of her being female
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Tips of fingers are hard to replace. Let us know when you've regenerated back enough to play. GLHF.
        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

That is a huge heatpipe.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

They're accepting an RMA, I'll be getting my new board in 2-3 weeks. :(

Comment

How much did the motherboard bend before that piece broke off?

Comment

The motherboard didn't bend. One of the plastic clips that goes through the motherboard to hold the heatsink was turned the wrong way, and it just broke the piece off.

Comment

Looks like User made an Error.... hahahahahaha har har har har heheehehe..... Am I the only one who noticed the pun?
                  No matter how good an idea you think it is. If you tfac MS, your team will eject you, your clan will cut you, and your mom wont love you. - RouterBox's guide to commanding

Comment

Looks like fire... needs to fly away.

Comment

that was horrible ChopStick.

When are you getting back anyway? You'll be a newb all over again. :p
                      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

http://b4yw4tch.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I'll be around using roommates' computers while they're not around. Other than that, I'm putting together a temporary machine right now. Just finishing up the windows install. We'll see how that works out.

New board will be here in about two weeks, if everything goes well.

Comment

Raeducks. So bad. I need at least two more paychecks (4 weeks maybe?) before I got the cash to do my build. Then I'll be back rocking socks.

Comment

Just an update. New motherboard arrived today, so much for 2-3 weeks. :P After a little investigation, I noticed they forgot to send me an audio module with it, so I can't install it until that arrives. Hopefully tomorrow. It'll be nice to be back on my machine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X