Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear tonight's ns_orbital marines:

Thanks. :)

Almost 5 years of playing this game, and I can only remember one other time when I commanded down two hives despite lacking infantry portals, and that was when we were allllll nubs and my fellas had heavies (ahhh 2.0).

I'm sure the aliens had their issues and reasons, blah blah blah. We've all been on the losing side of those crazy "comeback" games. Not enough intel here. Slow response there. Whatever. It doesn't take much for things to suddenly tip against you sometimes. What I'm saying isn't about poo-poo-ing the aliens.

But I just thought I'd tell you marines that, especially with my playtime these days so limited, that was hella fun, and I'm grateful to all of you.

The demo of the game will not be distributed. Just too much bickering on the alien team (understandable, but not to be relived).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Dear tonight's ns_orbital marines:

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
    Thanks. :)

Almost 5 years of playing this game, and I can only remember one other time when I commanded down two hives despite lacking infantry portals, and that was when we were allllll nubs and my fellas had heavies (ahhh 2.0).

I'm sure the aliens had their issues and reasons, blah blah blah. We've all been on the losing side of those crazy "comeback" games. Not enough intel here. Slow response there. Whatever. It doesn't take much for things to suddenly tip against you sometimes. What I'm saying isn't about poo-poo-ing the aliens.

But I just thought I'd tell you marines that, especially with my playtime these days so limited, that was hella fun, and I'm grateful to all of you.

The demo of the game will not be distributed. Just too much bickering on the alien team (understandable, but not to be relived).
    well done rines, disgusting job aliens. 1 alien did not lerk, to save obs hive(i was on aliens)

Comment

Tbh we lost because we had no fades.

By the way, you didn't build a single IP the whole game ? Because we did kill a lot of marines. Did you beacon everytime a marine died ? =\

Comment

No no. What I mean, of course, is that the IPs were going before we attacked the first hive and were not rebuilt until after the second hive died.

We were relocated in Big Room. I eventually had to give that up. Meanwhile, PG's going up outside Obs. Beacon + Marine Start PG = dead Obs hive. Follow-up beacon + "walk north, along the right side of the minimap, NOW!" + lots of aliens in Big Room chewing on a node + cats = dead Gen hive.

I beaconed again, intent to end it immediately, but Hanger went up sooner than we anticipated, and you guys fought back such that what brevity we managed was the best we could do to expedite your defeat.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          Follow-up beacon + "walk north, along the right side of the minimap, NOW!" + lots of aliens in Big Room chewing on a node + cats = dead Gen hive.
          Ahaha, that was funny, if not demoralizing for us.

At that point, at least I, thought we had the game in our pockets. We happily chew on that Big Room node as a reward for kicking you guys out of there.

Second hive was recently up and the spirit of the team was like "That was close. Now watch for ninjas.", and since we had all aliens near Gen hive (chewing Big Room) we thought we were safe.

However, as soon as we finished Big Room and went separate ways, Gen started to go down. I wondered where did you come from until I realized there was another way into Gen hive. From there on the game did get annoying for us, but I'll admit it was a funny and unique game. Even from the losing team's perspective.

PS: As far as I recall, Gen hive was the first to go down. Not Obs like you mention it. In fact I was so sure we had the victory at that point because I thought you didn't even know about Obs hive, since all game had revolved around Gen.

Comment

Obs hive was the first to go down, we rushed it while our base in big room was dying. I admit I thought Wyz was a little crazy when we beaconed without a pg in big room, but it all worked out. Yay for mobile bases (we actually built an armory and an arms lab in power core before rushing gen, sort of a mini-relocate without the ips).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X