Plugin Request: Large Color text for the Commander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin Request: Large Color text for the Commander

I would like to see a plug in where the commander gains large colored text, so that when you are reading text chat, you know that it was the commander who said something without having to go though the steps of reading the name first.

I think plug in would be helpful, because it would allow text only commanders to be able to better convey what they are saying to marines in battle.

You see normal text in battle, it likely missed because you are focusing on the skulk that about to bite you and not talking. If you see the commander text, then you might miss the message, but you know that you need to look in the console to see what was missed, at least that what I hope this would allow.

It would even be nice if commanders could set text color by a setinfo thing, but that is not completely necessary.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Re: Plugin Request: Large Color text for the Commander

Hehe i've heard talk about this before, you try msging wyz or something? I believe thats what he said to do.

At any rate i don't know about how much bigger text but maybe just a different font style and/or eye catching (but not blinding) color. I still think its best to have a mic thou :P Maybe putting the text off centered from the actual chat rather then big would help, then again i'm not sure about how it works.

Comment

If there's sufficient agreement that this is needed, and it makes it past Mr. Face, it (or something like it -- that folks really want) can be done technically.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This project has my blessing, but it'll be a relatively low priority.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'd like to see something like this personally. I know other servers have a plugin that just makes the commanders name show green in teamsay, which would be enough IMO.

That would be super duper, as long as its not too big of a headache for wyz, he loves this stuff :D.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

If there's already a plugin that does this, someone find it for me. I've no interest in reinventing wheels.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz, I have a great deal of interest in a plugin that allows team members to type messages to each other. I think this would be of great benefit to the server - and to the NS community! Think of it - no longer are you shackled with having to use outmoded Morse Code signals from the command menu (some have even bound these to buttons - speeding their comminques! the hax!). Imagine a free world where you're able to write precisely what you want - and splel it however so you choose! Gone are the dogmatic days of "-.-. --- -- -- .- -. -.. . .-. / .. / -. . . -.. / .- -- -- --- !" Gone are the errors in understanding amongst your team (Did he say "- .... . .-. . .----. ... / .- / ..-. .- -.. . / .. -. / - .... . / .... .. ...- . " or "--.- ..- .. -.-. -.- / -.. .-. --- .--. / -- . / .- / .--. .... .- ... . ") Gone are the days of patiently keying your request for a medpack - wasting precious seconds in the middle of a siege! Gone are the days where commanders take days to issue orders and where marines are treated to free tea at 4 o'clock! Gone are the days where aliens need five minutes at the start of the game to decide who's doing what! Gone are the days where a simple ".." would signal and ambush and "..." would signal to wait (oh the confusion!). Gone are the days where a gorge would die in the time it took to key out ".--. .... .- ... . / --. .- - . / -. . .- .-. / --- ..- .-. / -... ..- .. .-.. -.. .. -. --. / .... .. ...- . --..-- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .-. . .. -. ..-. --- .-. -.-. . -- . -. - ... / ..-. --- .-. / .. / .- -- / .- / .-.. --- -. . .-.. -.-- / --. --- .-. --. . / .-- .... --- / .... .- ... / ... -.-. .-. .. -- .--. . -.. / .- -. -.. / ... .- ...- . -.. / .... . .-. / .-- .... --- .-.. . / .-.. .. ..-. . / - --- / -.. .-. --- .--. / - .... .. ... / .-.. --- ...- . .-.. -.-- / .... .. ...- . / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -- -.-- / .--. .-. . -.-. .. --- ..- ... / ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. ... / .- -. -.. / .. / -.. --- -. .----. - / .-- .- -. - / - .... . / .. --. -. --- -- .. -. .. --- ..- ... / .-. . .--. ..- - .- - .. --- -. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / ..- -. .- -... .-.. . / - --- / .--. .-. --- ...- .. -.. . / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-.. .-.. / -- -.-- / -... .-. --- --- -.. / .- -. -.. / -... --- ... --- -- / ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. ... .-.-.-"

all for naught....

So please, Wyz, do us and the community a favor and enhance our game! Make this idyllic dream become real! Code! Code like you've never coded before!
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Wyz, I believe this is it:

http://www.nsmod.org/forums/index.ph...ed&show=&st=&#

I believe it can also play a sound when the comm types something as well.

Comment

Haven't looked at the plugin... leaving for work. Thanks for finding it, aero.

Guys, do we, in addition to color, want a sound to play when the commander types something?

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
                    Wyz, I have a great deal of interest in a plugin that allows team members to type messages to each other. I think this would be of great benefit to the server - and to the NS community! Think of it - no longer are you shackled with having to use outmoded Morse Code signals from the command menu (some have even bound these to buttons - speeding their comminques! the hax!). Imagine a free world where you're able to write precisely what you want - and splel it however so you choose! Gone are the dogmatic days of "-.-. --- -- -- .- -. -.. . .-. / .. / -. . . -.. / .- -- -- --- !" Gone are the errors in understanding amongst your team (Did he say "- .... . .-. . .----. ... / .- / ..-. .- -.. . / .. -. / - .... . / .... .. ...- . " or "--.- ..- .. -.-. -.- / -.. .-. --- .--. / -- . / .- / .--. .... .- ... . ") Gone are the days of patiently keying your request for a medpack - wasting precious seconds in the middle of a siege! Gone are the days where commanders take days to issue orders and where marines are treated to free tea at 4 o'clock! Gone are the days where aliens need five minutes at the start of the game to decide who's doing what! Gone are the days where a simple ".." would signal and ambush and "..." would signal to wait (oh the confusion!). Gone are the days where a gorge would die in the time it took to key out ".--. .... .- ... . / --. .- - . / -. . .- .-. / --- ..- .-. / -... ..- .. .-.. -.. .. -. --. / .... .. ...- . --..-- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .-. . .. -. ..-. --- .-. -.-. . -- . -. - ... / ..-. --- .-. / .. / .- -- / .- / .-.. --- -. . .-.. -.-- / --. --- .-. --. . / .-- .... --- / .... .- ... / ... -.-. .-. .. -- .--. . -.. / .- -. -.. / ... .- ...- . -.. / .... . .-. / .-- .... --- .-.. . / .-.. .. ..-. . / - --- / -.. .-. --- .--. / - .... .. ... / .-.. --- ...- . .-.. -.-- / .... .. ...- . / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -- -.-- / .--. .-. . -.-. .. --- ..- ... / ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. ... / .- -. -.. / .. / -.. --- -. .----. - / .-- .- -. - / - .... . / .. --. -. --- -- .. -. .. --- ..- ... / .-. . .--. ..- - .- - .. --- -. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / ..- -. .- -... .-.. . / - --- / .--. .-. --- ...- .. -.. . / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-.. .-.. / -- -.-- / -... .-. --- --- -.. / .- -. -.. / -... --- ... --- -- / ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. ... .-.-.-"

all for naught....

So please, Wyz, do us and the community a favor and enhance our game! Make this idyllic dream become real! Code! Code like you've never coded before!
                    you might wanna try decaf and sugarfree

Comment

That plugin that you posted looks good, from the look of it its all we wanted n' more...

Can be set so that a sound only plays when the comm types ! before his text or every time, and the color can be played around with (default green) Looks good.

Comment

I prefer no sound. I like to listen for the skulkies and mash "stopsound" all the time as it is.
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Just the green text should be sufficient for now, unless it becomes desirable to enable a sound.

Comment

So when can we expect to see it being tested? (if not already)

Comment

A sound could be useful, but not every time a comm types something. Maybe only if the comm TYPES IN CAPS, but only then if it wasn't abused (have a spam limit?)

This could be useful even for comm's with a mic after folks get used to hearing the sound and relating it to something important happening.
                              aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X