Technical difficulty.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical difficulty.

Anyways I am having technical difficulty with my Natural selection game. The most troublesome of which is when I try to join a game on my laptop, occasionally text will appear on my screen saying "Display does not support downloadable game". after that, the game closes on me. Now I will have to rejoin, and rejoin, until it works, but I do not know what effect it has in game. Can anyone offer any technical advice. My computer is a toshiba laptop, that uses windows vista. I know it does not have a graphics card, but it does use some kind of chip in the motherboard that is supposed to save power, but cannot process graphics that well.

Any advice is appreciated, being as my description of my system is vague thank you ^^v
    Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
    "Why don't Fades ever die?"
    -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
    Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Re: Technical difficulty.

ah. It's actually an incomplete message that you're seeing. The full message says "Display does not support downloadable gamma ramps"
    check the status of your cl_gammaramp setting and change it to the opposite (i.e. if it's 1, set to 0 and vice versa). This will fix your problem. If you dont fix it, you wont be able to see your HUD mostly, crosshairs, or scoreboard.

Comment

Re: Technical difficulty.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN!!! YOU MAKE NS PLAYABLE ON MY LAPTOP!!!!

*gives cookies*

Anyways this fixes my problem a LOT!
      Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
      "Why don't Fades ever die?"
      -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
      Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse