technical problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technical problems

hi, i was not playing NS pretty long time, because of problem with computer/system ... after months i reinstalled computer and everything is fresh and working .. but the problem persists, the computer is all the the time i play at TG the same (notebook pentium M 1.6, 1.5gb ram, ati radeon 9700/256ram -- windows XP, graphic drivers Omega (before it was regular ati catalyst)

the problem started something like october/november 2006 and i had not this kind of problem with halflife/ns before

the game is freezing and reaction to some (if not all) actions is delayed - like i go to the corner but o want to stay behind, but the walk continues after i released key.. shooting and more or less everything is delayed .. and the delay is not always the same, sometimes it's like normal game and in key moment, when i have to do something important .. it just freezes for 0.2 sec and i am dead and my team looses

and one more thing is that i believe counterstrike does not these things

if somebody has some idea, pls help .. i really want to play this
    thanks (forgive bad english)

Re: technical problems

Need Help With Team Speak Cant Hear Or Talk Green Icon Does Not Lite Up,in Screem 2142.help

Comment

Originally posted by 2142QBAN View Post
      Need Help With Team Speak Cant Hear Or Talk Green Icon Does Not Lite Up,in Screem 2142.help
      This is the ORIGINAL NS. Natural Selection. Not Northern Strike.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

after adwise of my friend i tried uninstall my audio drivers and without the audio device installed the game movement/reaction is smooth again ... just don't know where to get some old drivers ... is there site like omega drivers but for audio?

or anybody knows something about AC97 2.2 drivers? not latest ...

Comment

I had that problem, too. It all came with a Steam update back in October 2006.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=502112

There's a lot of info on the subject. For me, killing the ati2evxx.exe process solved the problem (you might wanna try that with your audio drivers installed).

Comment

AC97 drivers

I think these should work for your soundcard, and should be the newest version. Did you have problems with the newest version of your sound card drivers recently?

Also I'd also give the standard advice of scanning for spyware, eliminating resource hungry services that you don't use, and running anything else while running NS to see if that helps.

I use to have a problem where I kept running foward even when I wasn't pressing the key, or I kept firing even though I let go of the fire button.

Usually to stop this I just typed "-foward" in console or "-attack". Those usually fixed it that I remember. I believe it originated from some defunct scripts I was using.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

so realtek does not work, but VIA Vynil AC97 works well ... but the problem persist, because it's the same version of driver like i had ... i tried to disable some special function, but nothing changed

i believe it's not virus or spyware, because it's yesterday installed and there are no any scripts or nothing extra in system or halflife

where i can see the problem well is, when i press TAB key to see scores .. sometimes it needs 3 or more seconds after i release the button to disappear ... and the most imaginable form to explicate the problem is that you are feeling like on the ice.. you go forward and it starts later than normal and it ends later than normal .. and the delay is different everytime .. you move the mouse, but it does not take all of the mouse movement, you feel that you need to move more wide to do the same thing (i know now, because i tried some games without sound and it's really different, everything is correct and exact, i move the mouse for 2pixels accuracy without sound and with i can't even start shooting the skulk, because when i have cursor near him i am already dead)

Comment

Have you gone into control panel > sound and audio devices > audio tab > advanced > performance tab and make sure your audio acceleration is set to full?

Also try this:

start > run > dxdiag

when its done take a look at the sound tab and make sure there aren't any issues coming up, and that acceleration is again at full.
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

i tried dxdiag tool and i ran test for audio page .. it made some tests well and then told me the sound card does not support hardware bufering ... acceleration was full everywhere

so i turned it (hw acceleration) off .. and it looks like the game works ... ill see at the evening, when TG will be full if there is any difference, but for now the problem looks solved

Comment

I've solved problems before by disabling sound hardware acceleration. Granted, it was a long time ago:
                    Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                    You might try turning down sound acceleration all the way.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i have no ideal y i keep geting kick out from game states adm dis,for excessive team killing./i have no clue y.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X