ns_saturn new map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_saturn new map

We played a few rounds of this map on the server. What are your thoughts, is it fun or not?

release thread here:

Ns_saturn UWE forums
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: ns_saturn new map

First thought: The mini map is HOT.

I only had the chance to play one round as marine. I enjoyed the open hallways and rooms. The map was textured nice, but some rooms reminded me of other maps. I cant comment on balance yet, as I've only played 1 round as marine. I dunno...

As far as rotation, I'd add it. Otherwise, it will never get played out.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

The map has huge potential. I pointed out just about everything that needs a-fixin, since there are some trouble siege spots, and a new route is *highly* suggested, but it would still be awesome to play.

Its got the same issues as i had with the first builds of Nexus; bad things that players can do and were unintended, that will take some serious work to fix up... and you almost want to make a server rule to not use a certain siege, etc. But that just doesnt cut it :p

Comment

Just looked at it.

Best mini-map ever.

Marine start has the same problem as ns_metal, it's too big, fades will own it ... only the exits are more in size, but still quite large and difficult to block a fade.

The hive rooms seem well designed with them varying in size from small to large.

Only other negative may be that there are quite a few long hallways where ranged weapons cannot be countered.

It is quite a nice looking map as well, however, it is quite a large map. Marines will probably have an advantage if games go long like on ns_machina.

I say put it in the rotation and see how it goes.
        Last edited by orlanth; 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM. Reason: forgot one comment

Comment

double is h4x

Comment

seems intresting right now
            i like how its not cluddered alll the rooms seem simple easy and on the eyes
            i need to play it more
            cargo (i think thats it) seems a little to easy to siege

Comment

I don't know about everyone else, but when I was playing on aliens I had an extremely hard time figuring out which exit to take to get where I needed to go. The long hallways and big node rooms make it extremely hard for aliens to take down nodes, too. The walkway into the Observatory node room is too long. Cargo hive is terrible for aliens, too. When marines get to Loading Bay and get a phase up, you can pretty much kiss that hive goodbye.

It's pretty, at least. The hallways remind me of "Alien" a lot, and Observatory node room is taken directly from it.

Comment

i would like to see this map in rotation
                i think it will be a very nice map with a few tweaks

Comment

i think there is missing some trash, crates and furniture in those halls and coridors, skulks has no space where to hide ... not many, like one or two pieces for some spots, just to make map more rugged/indented (sorry dunno what word to use)

Comment

We could also try this map. http://www.ansl.us/publicfiles/ns_trochus2j.zip

Its kind of a veilish type map thats easy to learn. Its gotten a lot of hate on the ansl forums but it didn't look that bad.

Comment

Trochus is on the server, we played it a few weeks back and most of the players hated it as well. It needs a lot of work.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I personally have no desire to see trochus again until the right hive has more than one exit. There's a very good reason no other hive in ns can be completely cut off by marines holding one room. Yes, there is a vent out of the hive, but the vent comes out within line of sight of the room the marines would be in, meaning two marines can indefinitely contain the entire alien team. As I recall, the node distribution is also heavily marine biased, with four nodes right outside MS, which would be the next problem to work on after fixing that hive.

Saturn seemed alright, though I haven't seen the map from the ground yet. I didn't see any obvious flaws in terms of balance from the layout of the map.

Comment

New version is out with some fixes. Go, go, go?

Comment

This is a great looking map, that still needs a little work to be ready for prime-time. However it looks like the creator is busily making most of the fixes that need to be made, so I've got good hopes for the map. The latest beta is definately a big step forward.

Comment

I looked at the pics of the minimap..

WOW, the best minimap ever!.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed