Steam Reloaded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Reloaded

Steam has updated the "HL Engine". I have disabled Cheating Death on the server pending a new UA release.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Steam Reloaded

In related news, I got a rather nasty Windows error when I tried to launch Steam after it updated. The problem was solved by deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file in my ProgramFiles/Steam folder and restarting Steam.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      In related news, I got a rather nasty Windows error when I tried to launch Steam after it updated. The problem was solved by deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file in my ProgramFiles/Steam folder and restarting Steam.
      It seems I spoke too soon, as I now cannot open any HL mods, as they are all "unavailable." Suddenly the argument that Steam is nothing more than a transport medium loses merit with me. :)

Here's to hoping I find resolution soon.

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/s...hreadid=102356

Comment

Suddenly the argument that Steam is nothing more than a transport medium loses merit with me. :)

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/s...hreadid=102356
        You learn the most amazing things sometimes... :icon_wink
        I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Now wyz is just waiting for the next installment "Steam Revolutions"
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

heh.. so true stupid :P

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
              Now wyz is just waiting for the next installment "Steam Revolutions"
              Perhaps wyz ment to say: "Steam Retarded". ? :icon14:

edit: D'oh, my tags are gone.... hm... right. Coming up soon....
              --
              CaveDog
              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

I like the Matrix references, because I felt the same way during the update last night. I waited and waited for the update to finish, and when it was done I said "Huh?"

Pretty much my same response after Matrix: Revolutions.

(note: I read some Matrix explanations on the web that made me enjoy it more, but it's still about 30 minutes too long)

Comment

After a complete re-install of HL inside Steam, several deletes of clientregistry.blob, platform.gcf, and other files, and more than one complete system reboot, I seem to be up and running again.

*mentos smile* THANKS, STEAM! *mentos smile*

Comment

After a complete re-install of HL inside Steam, several deletes of clientregistry.blob, platform.gcf, and other files, and more than one complete system reboot, I seem to be up and running again.

for now...

Comment

That's just ridiculous. I didn't have that problem after the update last night...I hope I don't in the near future! I may have to vote for Kerry before I reinstall HL inside Steam. :)

Comment

Hrmm.. I solved this the technical way.. I got realy mad and kept clicking connect... Eventualy, I broke through the steam, and was able to play with no problems. You should try it.
                        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X