Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ns_Nexus_v2 released!

**Final Release, Version 2:
    -minimap was 'zoomed in'; fills the screen a LOT more now (screenshot shown here)
    -de-cluttered the minimap by hiding the vents that overlapped the main hallways
    -added a new vent to Docking Wing to help aliens counter siege (thanks Stupid)
    -fixed a sinking structure spot in Docking Wing (thanks Quick & Easy)
    -fixed an exploit in Mag Pump weldable (to screw up the pumps' movement) (thanks Scaryface)
    -fixed Slug Room siege (thanks Scaryface)
    -moved Mag Pump siege slightly so 4 sieges can now fit (though its tight)
    -lowered Engineering zapper damage from 500 to 100; now takes 2 hits to kill lerks/marines
    -elevator damage reduced significantly
    -fixed a spawn in Port Hive that didnt work for MC'ing/redeeming onos (thanks Kama)
    -added a touch more ceiling architecture to MS

Download here!

That addresses just about every complaint and suggestion ive heard over the last month :). Feedback always welcome. Hope you enjoy!

Re: Ns_Nexus_v2 released!

This is now on the server.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

So have you guys had any rounds on it yet? Maybe tried out a Docking Wing siege?

Comment

Man I wish I could play it. When I get another job, I will get another computer and come back for this map if nothing else.

Comment

Stix... Ive given you a little feedback but the map really needs to be played out in full intensity during mad crazy 3 fades 2 lerks ... bile bomb gorges... leaping skulks to test a siege spot. I have yet to find a moment of this. That will really test the siege spots.

Docking wing has 1 vent above, 1 main WIDE open hall into it. and a back hall into it. What I look at it... Its simple.

That other place...? The Pumps? Muck Pump? Interesting... Love the movement of the valve type things when welded. Many vents to attack from. Can pose a threat. Tighter quarters, the corners of the pump can catch fades and kill em.

People still dont know how to get up to the middle hive though heheh

And I will prove to you that marines will win with nexus mainframe, engineering, welding, and sieging from H20 tanks. ... Just gotta avoid that core ;p

I also wanna know how often marines take double over aliens. regardless of hive location. Marines always run to "double". And that can make it stacked also.

I cant think of other things ... but I know there is more.

Comment

We've been playing a lot of nexus_v2 on Gorges as well as Guns. People are really starting to know it, and its been awesome. Double is working out exactly how i wanted it to; easy to take, hard to defend. Its been in a constant tug of war throughout all the games we've had. Even when it gets locked by either team: for the marines, theres no real 'sweet spot' since elecd RTs cant cover a pg, and the other areas pose all sorts of problems; and for aliens, they can only really hold it with a ton of chambers AND active gorge presence. But even then, they can easily be ambushed from above by marines who come in via the Port Shaft corridor, let alone if they weld open Logistics.

I really havnt seen many H2O sieges at all. They'll probably happen more often as people learn the map more and more, since its such a task to actually get the manual override welded, plus its so damn hard to keep a PG anywhere near engineering.

We had a 55 min game just a few hours ago... totally epic :P. It took us about 25 mins to siege from Mag Pump. Pure insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by o-|-E StixNStonz View Post
              We've been playing a lot of nexus_v2 on Gorges as well as Guns. People are really starting to know it, and its been awesome. Double is working out exactly how i wanted it to; easy to take, hard to defend. Its been in a constant tug of war throughout all the games we've had. Even when it gets locked by either team: for the marines, theres no real 'sweet spot' since elecd RTs cant cover a pg, and the other areas pose all sorts of problems; and for aliens, they can only really hold it with a ton of chambers AND active gorge presence. But even then, they can easily be ambushed from above by marines who come in via the Port Shaft corridor, let alone if they weld open Logistics.

I really havnt seen many H2O sieges at all. They'll probably happen more often as people learn the map more and more, since its such a task to actually get the manual override welded, plus its so damn hard to keep a PG anywhere near engineering.

We had a 55 min game just a few hours ago... totally epic :P. It took us about 25 mins to siege from Mag Pump. Pure insanity.
              See I haven't played the map on a larger server. I think you will find the map is more fair and successful there, but here with 8v8, it won't be very successful for players to want to play or to get a good game going on it.

Comment

Frankly I still don't like this map at all. I feel like I'm playing in a circus funhouse with all the bizarre room layouts, random holes in the walls and pointless altitude changes to screw up minimap navigation. Not to mention the hive room up there on Mt. Kilimanjaro accessible only by giant elevator shaft. This is another map that is fun to look at but IMHO is not very playable. When half the server already doesn't know the map because it's custom, it should at least be fairly intuitive to play without all the "creative" design choices.

Comment

Well, theres only really two areas where the minimap navigation isnt obvious at first; the Shaft, and Keystone. Once you've taken a second to look at the rooms and their exits, the minimap should work just fine. Can you maybe give examples?

The middle hive is accessible from the Shaft, yes, but also through Keystone. Did you not know about this route? Its a much better siege for that hive.

Comment

With the minimap changed as it is, I like it now. The color variations show up a lot better, and it's easier to navigate the third dimension.

Comment

I still think this map needs work. It may be ok on large servers, but it is not popular here. It just killed a full server just now.

Could we take it out of the rotation but have it left on the server when it is requested?

Comment

It "killed the server" after midnight. The last several games I've enjoyed on that map (full server in every case) were great. I'm all for requiring a full server before the rotation takes us there, though, if that's not already the case.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Regardless of what some may think, it was designed to be an extremely tactical map... for people who actually know it. So i'm glad to see people on this server enjoying it.

Are we all done for modifications, or does anyone have any more complaints/suggestions? It seems as though there's only rather marginal bugs left (that cant be fixed anyways). I've answered pretty much every complaint, and actively chosen against others. What i mean is, is there anything else i could do to Nexus, or is it finally done?

Comment

The only thing I can think of is requiring a full server on the map-rotation list, which needs to be done if it hasnt already. Its a very large map, but it plays pretty well whenever we have a full server for it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X