Favorite Server list file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Server list file

I have an annoying little problem, involving my favorite server list... It's storing all my old favorites, server I dont play on anymore, as well as the old TG servers whose IPs are no longer valid (so, they show up as Not Responding). Even after deleting them in the list, they show up again when I load the app the next time. None of my files in the entire Steam structure are read-only. I searched the registry on the off-chance it may be in there, but (thankfully) nothing of that nature is stored there...

Now that the TG NS servers are being finalized, I keep having to refresh my Master Server list, find the two new TG servers and add them again, and again, and again. It's annoying.

If TG is only going to have 1 NS server, then it's fine, I'll just use the connect command in a start-up script which will automatically connect me upon loading the game. But I hear there's talk of 2 NS servers, 1 being for overflow... In which case, I'd rather use my favorites list and choose a server accordingly.

So, I guess my question is what file in the jungle of Steam directories contains the server info? I wanna just manually edit it, and mark it read-only so the app doesnt screw it up again. Or should I just re-install Steam completely (i dont wanna do that unless I have to).
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Re: Favorite Server list file

valve/steam/config/serverbrowser.vdf

Removing that file will reset all favorites.

Also, I've noticed steam never saves settings for me while running one of it's applications, did you try changing them in the Steam server manager?
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Here's a tool to help fix this without deleting everything.

Comment

Thanks for the help gents :D

Both methods have fixed my problem, I woulda thought Valve employed more competent programmers but I'm constantly reminded otherwise... :icon_roll

Comment

Steam has a built-in Editor for the layout/design of the steam menus, for steam skins/themes.... but, the save button dosent work =p

have to manually record each adjustment and change it in one of the files that stores that info, kinda fun, but annoying at the same time. Why they havent fixed the 'save' button I wish I knew, I mean, The button is there....
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

:icon_lol: Ok, now my Favorites list STAYS empty... I can't add anything to it, and make it stick. I love Steam!

Comment

I had this problem as well, it was "solved" (or let's say it "dissapeared for the time being, but is probably hiding to make its return some day") by a steam update. Sorry that that doesn't help you at this time, but my guess is that "something" produces this problem, and that that "something" *can* be removed by a steam update... cross your fingers :(.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X