No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echoes.....

Welcome, OP8.

Yeah.... I've been without broadband for a long time.... and just before I lost it I was about to finish NS_Master.
    The bad news and situation on my end was of such that just not trying to visit TG and not bothering to reinstall HL/NS after a harddrive crash; was the only option.

So, It's been a long time. Funny how the new people as much as the old- bring back great memories of being up 5-6 hours past what should have been my bedtime, Shouting tactical info into a computer microphone to a bunch of complete strangers who I'd probably never meet in person. Let alone that those mission critical orders and confirmations that meant life and death, were of an illusionary existance with no real reprocusions or relevance... Yet still there is a persistance to it though that haunts like the smell of a home cooked meal in the nostrils of a shipwreck surviver...

Funny how that works....

Now where was I ?!?:madsmile:

Re: Echoes.....

Hey hey!

Nice to c ya :D

mmmmmm............... OP8.......
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Welcome back, sir.

And in your absence, what have you learned about making backups?
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

See.... I had backups.... I just didnt want to restore them cause I knew I wasnt gonna be able to play for a LONG time and didnt want the tease.
          It's kinda like throwing out the "almost finished" painting of a girl who broke up with you. Can't justify spending the time on something that aint there anymore. Forgive the metaphore.

Anyway, it's funny that the 3 excact people I was expecting- were the first people to say hi. Granted not in the expected order, but regardless.

Last night, I downloaded NS.
          I also loaded up the backups of all the maps I was working on....
          In an almost 3rd person perspective, the projects I was working on before my absence are somewhat intimidating to look at after all this time. Especially NS_master and NS_dana..... I took a stroll through what I had finished ingame and had this feeling inside that whoever engineered these places was an absolute madman.....
          Oops... crap... that woulda been me.
          They are just very shocking enviorments and being away from them for so long makes exploring them again quite fascinating.

I worry about the first time I go to join a game- been out of FPS for long enough to start sucking at it and just hope it comes back fast...
          It's funny to think that I played here (XLii) years before even wyz became a regular.... And I'm walking back into it as a complete rookie. I just dont wanna be "that guy" that has no idea whats going on... lol.
          So when is the best night to try and find a good game to mess up? heheh

We seem to have pretty good games on Sunday nights since a lot of SMs\regs are on then. Although the server is usually full every night so take your pick :D.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

I remember you. :)

The more things change the more they stay the same, if you know what I mean.

I tried to play some NS a while back and the noobage factor was very high. Sadly, it hasn't improved much since then.

You still need to watch some of these people. They are still a little 'sketchy'.

You know who you are. :icon_cool
              I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed