X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverted welder RoF

There is a god, and that god is kind.

Summary
    revert welder behavior (make RoF non-random)

Description
    the current (random RoF) welder behavior is causing negative side effects, including the following:

* welding progress bars flicker in and out
    * welder often fails to eliminate webs

the welder behavior should be reverted to a non-random rate of fire.
    That from Mantis. Hopefully this will make it into b5. The welder has seemed much less significant to me in b4 than b4 (heh. I like to play with words.).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: reverted welder RoF

hah wyz.
    That sounds pretty cool, i hate to when you weld and walk into webs :\
    cant wait to play b5

Comment

No wonder I can't weld kill. You'd think something that can soften metal would hurt like a biznatch, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
        No wonder I can't weld kill. You'd think something that can soften metal would hurt like a biznatch, but no.
        The welder should deal 50 points of damage...

bw ha ha ha ha

Comment

I remember back when we'd just roll into the last alien hive with HA and welders. The skulks couldn't do anything because of how much damage the welders did and how fast you could repair armor with them.

Damn those were good times......

Comment

I thought that this was by design, to make webs a little more threatening. I didn't know they were a random time, I thought it was regular just less RoF.

Right now I think a webbing gorge is a good balance against a horde of HA's.

--Shroom
            -- Shroom
            I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

Knockback has been fixed.

From the voogru (first part is talking about onos attacking structures and friendlies getting tossed around)
              This auctually happened with every weapon that has knockback.

I've not only fixed this, but after a short demonstration thanks to grep I've noticed that the current knockback can cause players fly literally accross the map. I've made some improvments of the knockback code to prevent this from happening, and the knockback code itself is better now (at least in my opinion). Marines no longer fly like crazy when they get bit, and heavy armor has 50% less knockback than a light marine/jerkpacker. Also if they are in the air theres 50% less knockback (to prevent them from flying too far).

I've also reduced the knockback on the bitegun to 225 instead of 300, since from what I've tested it seemed to make the LA marine fly back a bit too much.
              Sounds good

He doesnt like jetpackers all that much if you couldnt tell: Jerkpacker

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X