Balance plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance plugin

I know I've been gone for a while, but there's not much I don't remember. I know that that balance plugin was in play and working pretty effectively.

I've recently came into the knowledge that our CSS server has a record of stats for each player. They're not really exclusive stats, but they're stats.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...&page=1&query=

That website lists every player who has played on the CSS server. It also assigns players a decimal number according to how many kills they get per minute. If you'll notice the 0.5 players, you will see the majority of the CSS server's high skilled players.

I was wondering if TGNS couldn't implement something like this into the balance command.

I do notice that people who have only played long enough to get less than 5 kills have a higher ratio of kills per minute. Several players who have only 1 kill register as 1 kill per minute. This could cause problems, but overall, I think it's doable.

Just food for thought.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Balance plugin

No. Keeping track of it would require more resources than we care to allot, as (as we've been through many times before) any other statistic other than W/L begins to draw away from the purpose of the balancing; an even chance of either team winning.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Yay! It's time for the monthly "Balance Plugin" thread! I can't wait to see what fun this one is.
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

That's pretty cool though (to check out other servers that players might play on--kinda like Kali once did). =D. Thanks for the link.

Comment

So there is a balance plugin on the serv? I didnt even know. Sounds like it records each players wins and losses, then balances the next game accordingly?

Comment

Something to that effect.

Admins usually alternate between random and amx_stax... I mean balance. =D

Comment

random is amx_stack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse