Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.0 (b5?) delayed

Today, from ns.org:

Due to problems fixing two big bugs, we are unfortunately going to have to delay the release scheduled for today. Voogru and Elven have been working really hard to find and fix the 'hitbox' bug (which really has nothing to do with hitboxes) and a client-crash recently introduced for listenservers. We are hoping that this release will be the official 3.0 release, and want to make sure it's especially solid. I under-estimated the difficulty of fixing these bugs, which is exacerbated by the fact that these guys are new to NS coding, and have had to hit the ground running.

We're still going to try to release before the CPL next week, but if it's not ready in time, we'll wait until after. There are so many bug-fixes, map updates and polish items in this version that I think it'll be worth the wait. We're sorry if we spoiled your weekend plans!

In other news, the new Unknown Worlds and NS web-sites are nearing completion, and will be unveiled in the next couple weeks. We've unified the two sites, and greatly improved the navigation (no more flash), added user profiles, and added instant Constellation donation approval and more. Here's a screenshot to give you an idea.

Thanks for hanging in there while we undergo this transition, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: NS 3.0 (b5?) delayed

We're sorry if we spoiled your weekend plans!
    *calls up clown, strippers, and liquor store and cancels tomarrow*

Comment

Ooo can I come? I heard this update would be patched in through steam. Wonder if everytime NS updates CD will fail, too.

Comment

We are hoping that this release will be the official 3.0 release, and want to make sure it's especially solid.
        :icon23: It's really disappointing that after 2 and a half months of public testing of the same build, none of the balance issues are being taken into consideration. I can only hope that it's going to be final in name only for the Steam release, and we won't have to wait as long for patches as with 1.0 and 2.0.

Comment

Trev, im with ya on that, ill bring the booze!

No clowns, clowns scare the holy Bejesus outta me!

[FFT]Kilalot

Comment

1.04 was the best version ever! Just take that and add in some of the mods made in 2.0 (comm hotkeys, some wep changes) and its pretty darn good. Wonder if we could find an old 1.04 and het it to work on steam. Just for ol' times sake.

Comment

Wyz said the box could host two servers.... but 1.04 was a real server hog. Don't know if he could support both.
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

1.04 was the BEST version of NS ever, WON was actually better than steam, steam sux cause it just does, i wonder y they didnt just have a patch for it all. To tell ya the truth not many ppl like steam, if u like it im sorry for saying that but im only saying the truth, yea steam can be good sometimes with its friends system, but the update system or dl system can piss u off when ur trying to play a game and it downloads sumthing for u without u knowing and u get MAJOR lag. Other than that with my opinion i like steam 1/2 and hate it 1/2.

o and btw on what i heard, b5 is gonna be the last patch for beta 3, BUT there might be a 4, which i doubt, but i heard it from someone.

[FFT]Kilalot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X