NS signatures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS signatures

Here at TGNS we don't have Ribbons, or even those cool signatures expressing our styles. So I had the idea to make up little signature pictures that you could mix and match. Much like the funny phrases you can make up with those refrigerator magnets. Anyways they're far from finished. I'm still working on them and any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyways without further ado, here's what I've come up with so far:

Again any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Re: NS signatures

You'll notice my signature doesn't have this sort of image in it, but I'll share my thoughts anyway, per your request.

I like the icons on the left, but the letters don't grab me... yet. I really do suck at graphics stuff, but maybe they need to be smaller, and in a font that's perhaps a bit more.... uniform?

Good lord... take what I say with a grain of salt. I really do suck at graphics stuff. I hope that's helpful, regardless.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Like wise said, the icons on the left are mighty neat, but the text just doesnt fit the rest of the image. Try some render techniques on them, just do a quick google on how to use your specific program to do such a thing.

The Idea though is quite nice :)
      Oyee

Comment

I think they would look better if they were bigger and the upgrade icons were 3 stacked together like you see most of the time in the game. Those icons don't look right to me when they're singular. Also, you may want to respell 'capapace' correctly ;).

I'd like to see what you'd do for a 'commander' one - that seems to be my reason for playing NS recently.

Comment

Yah this is really my first foray into Photoshop. I'd love to model mine after those by Xink. I liked the style, but unfortunately I need 4 pictures to be able to span the bottom, I don't know what font he used. I'll experiment a bit more. I'll make the font smaller and try my best at stacking the images as you said :)

I think I'll also change the gradient from side to side to top bottom so it's more cohesive when strung together. Also I'll look into overlaying some of that alien mesh you see in game all the time.

Also I am working on a marine side as well. Think Shotgun wielding, Grenade throwing, Vanilla Marine or HMG wielding, welder welding, Heavy. :D

P.S. Thanks for correcting me on Carapace, I'm not so sure, I googled it and got capapace. I don't know :/

Comment

Ok here it is, Version 2. I made the width slightly smaller since you're expected to fit in 4 side by side, and they have to comply with the signature limitations of 468 x 100.

I didn't really know what font Xink used so I just pixeled in my own, modeled after his of course :) Making the skulk transparent from a black background was extremely hard and I hope you don't see the little faults.

If any one knows Photoshop and knows how to key out a color, I would greatly appreciate that wealth of knowledge. Again any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

I'll be adding more version 2 tags as I get thru them :)

Edit: Added Carapace :P (tell me how to spell it!)
            Last edited by Sirusblk; 08-11-2007, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Just a note. the blue on orange text is impossible to read. I just went blind trying to read it.

Comment

Yah I should probably change it to white, right? Also should I remove the white border?

Also if you have any good screenshots, I'd love to use them for part of the signature piece.

Comment

Update: Ok I changed the blue text to a more friendly white. Also the border has been tweaked but I'm not sure I even like it now :/ Also I just had to start a marine set just to show you guys and have your thoughts

By the way the shotgun one isn't very good, I hate it for many many reasons. Anyways here's what I've come up with so far, V3:

Comment

The blue doesn't grab me (might say more about me than anything).

Love the second set, but the text is too small at my resolution (1280x1024).
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

1680*1050 and its a little small

Comment

80x25 here and it's a bit blocky.
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Hah, nice monitor Stupid. Browsing on your cell-phone? ;)

Comment

i like the icons, but do they really need the text? i think it would be nice to have the upgrade/lifeform/weapon icons without any text.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                              Hah, nice monitor Stupid. Browsing on your cell-phone? ;)
                              Was actually going after this reference. Geez. I must be way older to have thought that before a cell phone. They have the interwebs on cell phones now?!
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X