Go Go NS!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Go NS!!!

Just thought I'd point this out since I noticed it today... (Maybe I've been ignorant and this is common knowledge, but here goes nothing...)

NS is the most popular HL Mod that is not currently being developed by Valve... even more popular than HL:Deathmatch!!!! And more player hours/month than even TFC!!!!

Now, I knew that NS was big, huge even, but wow.....

http://www.steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

Re: Go Go NS!!!

Fantastic. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

huh? I thought CS was.. there are still more cs servers than ns servers

Comment

Yes, but CS is now officially maintained and developed by Valve....

Which is why I conditioned my statement as the best non-Valve developed mod....

Comment

Of course, CS didn't start out as being supported by Valve as they are today. NS may end up going the same route as CS and eventually Valve supporting it.

Though I love the idea of adding conditions to get games you want listed as the number 1 game played :icon12:

Comment

Look kids! It's one of the Sandbox people!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
              Of course, CS didn't start out as being supported by Valve as they are today. NS may end up going the same route as CS and eventually Valve supporting it.

Though I love the idea of adding conditions to get games you want listed as the number 1 game played :icon12:
              Notice I never once said that it was the number 1 game played....

I said that NS is the most popular HL Mod that is not supported by Valve (biggest thing here is the fact that Valve does not pay the bills, the community does).

There is a huge difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by ImJustMito

I said that NS is the most popular HL Mod that is not supported by Valve (biggest thing here is the fact that Valve does not pay the bills, the community does).

Enjoy it while it lasts, Plans to have it supported by steam within what? 2 months!!

Comment

Originally posted by ImJustMito

I question though what difference that really makes. Yeah, NS is currently not supported by Valve but so was CS in the past and its popularity was still ways higher than NS.

Now gaming types, there is a significant difference (CS being mutliplayer, team oriented FPS while NS has the RTS strategy element to it).

Comment

While CS may be team-oriented in design, I find that the typical public implementation is closer to deathmatch. When NS hits the "My Games" section of Steam, GREAT PATIENCE will be required, as all of the fragfest junkies playing CS will want to see the "new mod."

Comment

CS players comming to NS should have to wear a tag that says so. That way, we can prepare for the worst in advance. And yes, I'm horribly bias against CS players after more than a few "incidents".

Comment

I'm a cs player you know.. I play it almost everyday, though I do sometimes use teamwork. CS has "hidden teamwork"

You really dont know they are helping you, but your teammates actually are. Maybe not the cal way, but they are.

"Bomb has been planted"
                        CT#1: Which bomb site?
                        CT#2: I'll check A, you check B
                        CT#1: Roger that!
                        CT#4922: I found it! Bomb it at B! Come back me up from the remaining terrorist.
                        CT#1 and 2: Roger that! On my way!

Bomb has been defused

I see that very often

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          While CS may be team-oriented in design, I find that the typical public implementation is closer to deathmatch. When NS hits the "My Games" section of Steam, GREAT PATIENCE will be required, as all of the fragfest junkies playing CS will want to see the "new mod."
                          Do I think teamwork is possible in CS? Yes. DO I have experience to persuade me that it's prolific? No. Do I anticipate much frustration when the CS players see NS in the steam menu and carelessly, cluelessly, and ignorantly begin to play it? Yes. But the above quote, to be clear, is one of tolerance. Enough of these CS kids are intelligent, they lack only enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                            It is a shame you missed out of CS when it was big on TG. It would blow your mind in regards to what CS was when teams actually played as a team and not as individuals. Oh well, you can't dwell on the past really.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                              CS players comming to NS should have to wear a tag that says so. That way, we can prepare for the worst in advance. And yes, I'm horribly bias against CS players after more than a few "incidents".
                              Actually, making an assumption that I am only a "CS" player is bad move to make. Over the years, I have played many of the games offered by TG along with ones that weren't.

I played NS for a couple of months before I had some bad experiences on the TG server. Should I be bias against NS players because of that?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X