Xp vault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xp vault

Is it just me or is this plugin terrible?It is too buggy to run on this server.Can we get a poll going for people who want or dont want it?

Re: Xp vault

i don't know about buggy. seems to work exactly how wyz intended. i think it's a little much tho'. i start every game at lvl 15 - and end every game at lvl 21. if you get a group of jps - the hive will fall in under 30 seconds - and there's not a lot the aliens can do about it.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Not buggy?I got to level 15 and then the game after that i had +1 points and another guy had +8.How is that not buggy?

Comment

Here's how the plugin is supposed to work.

When you finish a CO round which you played entirely, 75% of the XP you have earned (not including the catch-up XP you were given) is stored in the XP Vault.

For every minute that passes, one XP point is removed from your personal XP Vault, regardless of whether or not you are on the server. With our present 21-level configuration, this means that your vault will be empty within a week, and you'll always have less and less XP in your Vault as that week progresses if you do not play, until it is finally empty.

Every time you're starting a round of CO, you're given the XP points which are in your XP Vault. When the round ends, the process above is again followed.

All players, including (but not limited to) those players who arrive after the round has started, are given XP in an effort to keep their XP at approximately 75% of the average amount of XP among all players in the game. Players who arrive late will not have any XP placed in their XP Vault at the end of the round. Players who do have XP placed in their Vault at the end of the round will have stored 75% of the XP they were not given. That means that catch-up points aren't remembered, but XP you were given from your Vault at the beginning of the round IS remembered, as you earned that XP, even if it was in another round.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

You guys know I just want to make things more enjoyable.

I obviously think this idea has potential, as I've built it. What changes can we make to it such that it's enjoyable instead of aggravating?

"None, take it off." is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Lower the amount of XP which is stored in the vault?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

First of all, that isn't how it always works. I've been Level 8+ at the end of a round, immediately joined a team again in the very same map, and been put at level 2.

Second, this plugin really seems to irritate people and I'm not convinced the server is better off than it was before. It's not uncommon for there to not be any high scorers on one team, and the other team JP or Onos rushes and the game ends in a couple minutes tops. Just today a 10 person server emptied out because of this. If the idea is to simply let people play with higher levels, then just give everybody some exp to start with. Even then though, I don't think big exp in the early game is a good idea. Especially for aliens; getting a lot of exp in the beginning eliminates the early game disadvantage of saving for Onos or Fade.

Comment

Take it off.

Comment

I've removed it from the server.

Comment

can i add that today on the beginning of faceoff, right at the beginning sumone had already gotten a JP shottie, WTH!!!!!!!!!

Is that even possible to see this happen, im a skulk in the hive not even with any xp at all and im trying to regen and all i hear is bzzzzzzzzzzzz(jp sound)then boom, cock, boom, cock, boom, cock, boom cock, flys off and comes back. And alot of other ppl were mad about this too, they were like how did he even start with that...

[FFT]Kilalot

Comment

It's a good concept Wyz - but like a lot of things we try out on the server, it takes a lot to explain what's going on to non-regs - and this ends up confusing and frustrating them. I really liked the xp vault - there's an intense 30 second upgrade period where everyone gets what they need, and then the fun begins. JPs are immediate for the marines, and the aliens have to be prepared for them. This means picking a gorge out, getting webs, plus some good lerks / fades that can knock them out of the air. It also depends on the percentage of people on the server that are regs and can balance the teams out. If just one reg is on one team, they'll dominate the game. Several regs per side make for interesting fun. I don't know if you can make it votable or an amx command to enable it - but leaving it on all the time seems to confuse more than increase the enjoyment level.

It was fun to start at level 15 - and with the XP catchup mod installed, most of my team was level 8+ within a few minutes.

Point: I didn't mind the mod, thought it fun, but it probably confuses non-regs more than it makes them want to play here.
                    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X