Auto kicked on full server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto kicked on full server

Wondering why I'm auto kicked always when a member attempts to join the server...
    Most recently, on Tuesday, there was 16 people in the server, and two "?"'s, I was comming, and was in the server for over an hour attempting to populate it with a few others (Not a sexual reference...) and I was the first to be removed for the reserved slot.
    It's just really frustrating.
    Could someone spell it out as aposed to sending me links?
    Basically, why me? I thought registering and being an active member gives you some sort of bonus over randoms.
    Thanks.

Re: Auto kicked on full server

Oh, and I just subscribed, not because I'm frustrated regarding me being kicked over randoms... But I felt it was time to begin supporting.
    Does this entitle me to have a reserved slot?
    Do I get an avatar now? Hehhhhhhh.

Comment

By subscribing do you mean a supporting membership, or signed the primer? There is quite a bit of logic going on when it determines who to kick first when a member comes on, so I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me explain it. If you become a supporting member, then you can join the server anytime you want. You can also join the full server as a signed member with seed credits, which is explained in the sticky in this forum.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
        By subscribing do you mean a supporting membership, or signed the primer? There is quite a bit of logic going on when it determines who to kick first when a member comes on, so I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me explain it. If you become a supporting member, then you can join the server anytime you want. You can also join the full server as a signed member with seed credits, which is explained in the sticky in this forum.
        Supporting member...
        I still get kicked first out of anyone, and I can't join at will.
        Someone must hate me =\

Comment

odd, according to the left side Your name is not in bold. and you don't have a supporting member sign under it that leads me to believe

A. you didnt pay the 8.95
          B. your transaction didn't go through
          C. somethings wrong with TG's server

the later of the three is highly unlikely

Comment

I think the longest playing person on the server is first in line to be kicked when a SM joins.

Comment

I wasn't the longest person on the server, or the shortest.
              I'll give you the receipt from paypal?
              Dear Stefan Shuliak,

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to Tactical Gamer Membership
              (Monthly Recurring) Subscription using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $8.95 USD, has already been sent to
              Tactical Gamer.

----------------------------------------------------------------
              Subscription Details
              ----------------------------------------------------------------

Date of sign up: Aug. 21, 2007
              Subscription Name: Tactical Gamer Membership (Monthly Recurring) Subscription
              Subscription Number: S-1W579345KX275051H

Item Number: fec1568c15e1e80bf5f3e2b95bc3a365

The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 CAD = 0.919178USD
              Subscription Terms:
              $8.95 USD for each month

Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you
              cancel prior to the end of the billing period.
              If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please contact
              Tactical Gamer.

Comment

Hmm... For whichever reason my credit card got deactivated on paypal, therefor I guess I gotta wait until the bank processes (4-8 days), which is super lame, because I'm assuming my subscription's running?
                Siiiiiiiiigh.
                Is there a way to recall the bank payment, and pay via visa?

Comment

all of this info should PMd to apophis not publicly posted on the forums. If your SM dint go thru he can help you, we can do anything.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by tr0gd0r3 View Post
                    Hmm... For whichever reason my credit card got deactivated on paypal, therefor I guess I gotta wait until the bank processes (4-8 days), which is super lame, because I'm assuming my subscription's running?
                    Siiiiiiiiigh.
                    Is there a way to recall the bank payment, and pay via visa?
                    The paypal issue is... well, a paypal issue, obviously. You're welcome to ask questions such as this, but realize that most of us (me included) probably don't know the answer, and that's OK.

If/When the payment does in fact process, the SM-ness kicks in relatively soon thereafter; it's all automated on TG's end. Once notification comes from paypal, TG will mark up its DB accordingly. If your paypal email address doesn't appear on your TG profile, you should contact Apophis directly.

As for who gets kicked when, on TGNS, it's the non-SM that's been connected for the shortest amount of time (which is different than some other TG-hosted titles).
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

When you become a Supporting Member, you can join the full server unconditionally, at any time*, and you're never bumped to make room for reserved slots, ever.

* the one exception being that SMs cannot join the server which is 100% full of other SMs. This is so rare (especially with our having two identical NS servers) that it really doesn't deserve consideration when you're considering subscribing, but it's good to know.

Two threads from our required TGNS reading, which anyone will want to very well understand if he's going to take full advantage of the slot logic as it applies to him:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...d-credits.html
                      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...gb-revamp.html
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

And another thing...

By subscribing... by becoming a Supporting Member... you're really doing something else for the server -- and for yourself -- that you might not even realize.

Enthusiastic/exemplary regulars, on average, I think, draw more players into the server. That is, when Joe Blow looks at the server he's not yet connected to, he's more likely to join the server if he sees already connected a large count of players who really do embrace the ideals of the server and make possible the gameplay that TGNS was founded around.

We have Supporting Members who aren't just the model TGNS player, and that's unavoidable, but... for the most part... most Supporting Members really understand what we're doing here. Money's hard to part with, after all.

And so, to a degree, when you buy a Supporting Member subscription, you're not only allowing yourself to join the server when it's full, but you're increasing your chances that the server will fill after you've joined it. That's because, at some point before subscribing, you've likely said to yourself: "Ok, this is it. This is my server. This place has earned my support, not only financially, but in action as a player." And other regulars respond to that sort of commitment. It's that sort of commitment to a playstyle that makes for great gameplay (regardless of the playstyle, really).

Or I'm full of crap. That's always a possibility you've got to consider.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                          Or I'm full of crap. That's always a possibility you've got to consider.
                          Little from column A, little from column B.
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

How do I join a full server when my supporting status comes into effect?

Comment

You have to force a connection to the full server, which will then, of course, let you in, as it will recognize your SteamID as a Supporting Member.

You can force a connection using third-party software (I use HLSW), by creating a Steam desktop shortcut (don't know how to do this off the top of my head), or by issuing the following console command from inside NS:

connect <serverAddress>

Obviously, <serverAddress> is the address of the server, as follows:

tgns.tacticalgamer.com
                              tgns2.tacticalgamer.com

Or you can use the IP addresses, if you'd rather (for some unknown reason).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X