New mapcycle commands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mapcycle commands?

So I was wondering if it would be possible (and not too difficult) to add a command similar to 'nextmap' that would give the next map that the cycle will actually go to, given the current number of players on the server. It's really not helpful to see co_ as the nextmap when you know you're not going there, or to see machina or nexus when you have 12 people on. This would help in those situations where the game ends before the timelimit and people are requesting a map change, since votemap has been mostly disabled. At the very least, a command that shows the mapcycle (like 'votemap' by itself used to) would at least allow people to see the next map on the cycle that isn't co. A command listing the maps on the server that aren't in the mapcycle would also be nifty.

Alternatively, isn't there some command available to full admins that just advances the mapcycle, rather than switching to a specific map? If so, making this command available to temp admins would avoid the common problem of repeating maps because the mapcycle didn't advance when the map was manually changed. A command that temporarily sets the timelimit to 0 would accomplish the same thing. Just some ideas, in case people are getting bored of tanith/veil/eclipse.

One final thing to consider would be allowing access to amx_votemap, which would allow a temp (or full) admin to see whether the majority on the server actually wants to switch, instead of just immediately switching off a less common map because one or two people object to it.

Re: New mapcycle commands?

Lessee...

1) Something like that should be possible. We'll see what we can do.
    2) To MY knowledge, there's no command that merely turns the crank one notch.
    3) An idea, at least. I'd like to hear more feedback on it, though.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Pending our coming up with something coooooler, I can offer the following:

Some admins regularly set the timelimit to one minute after a "short" game is played, which causes the map to change per the mapcycle. We could create a similarly-functioning command for temp admins.

I'll modify the existing votemap plugin to allow the use of the votemap command without any arguments.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think what aga is asking initially is... can there be a way to rather than display the next map in the cycle... display the next map that fits the criteria of the number of people in the cycle?

Comment

I can likely make that mod, yes.

Though, quite often (no, not all the time), conditions change too often for that report to have much meaning by the time it's time to change maps.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What? you can't program prescience into the thing? And here I thought you were good...
            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I think what wyz ment was that people will join the map, people can join the map, before it is over or time to change conditions can change that effect what the next map will be.

I think mainly what agg would want is just a command such as nextnsmap (Next NS map). So that people know what to change it to if they want to play NS or want to change off the map early as not to lose people

Comment

This could also be solved by going back to the old mapcycle, where co_ maps weren't intermixed with ns_ maps. You can view that discussion here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...request-4.html
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                  This could also be solved by going back to the old mapcycle, where co_ maps weren't intermixed with ns_ maps. You can view that discussion here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...request-4.html
                  Only a little though, aero; part of the request was to make nextmap playercount aware.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X