Votemap problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votemap problem

So we discovered earlier tonight that it's not currently possible to do a votemap for a map you don't have the right number of players for. For instance, trying to votemap to eclipse with 8 people kept taking us to the next co map in the rotation until we just used amx_map. Is there anyway to fix this aspect of votemap, or not?

Re: Votemap problem

when you do a votemap i think there is a bug where if you have one less than needed (like 7/8) and someone votes again (tries to vote twice) it takes you to the nextmap in the cycle and not the intended map

Comment

Deadmeat has it, he's right and it will do that. All you gotta remeber is vote once for the map you want and not to vote again unless its for another map.

Comment

I don't think the double voting has anything to do with it (anecdotal!). I think it's just when a votemap comes up one short, it hits the next map in the cycle. I figured that was a feature of votemap - that if enough people didn't like the map to vote for something else, it'd at least change it - but not to the voted map because it wasn't a "unanimous" vote.
        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
          I don't think the double voting has anything to do with it (anecdotal!). I think it's just when a votemap comes up one short, it hits the next map in the cycle. I figured that was a feature of votemap - that if enough people didn't like the map to vote for something else, it'd at least change it - but not to the voted map because it wasn't a "unanimous" vote.
          There is absolutely a bug with double voting, I've seen it, tested it and reproduced it on the TGNS server multiple times. What I don't know is if this is something introduced by AMXX or if its a stock NS bug. In 3.1 there was a bug in stock NS votemap where if you voted a second time, and the map only needed one more vote to change it would count your second vote as well and it'd switch maps (the one people voted for).

The bug was logged, but it wasn't explictily fixed for 3.2. Its possible that it broke in a new way because of some other 3.2 change, and now it doesn't count your second vote, but it pushes the mapcycle ahead. Someone mentioned that they thought AMXX had deliberately "fixed" our bug by not allowing the double vote to count, and instead "punished" the double voter by changing the map to the next in rotation. I've never seen any corroborating evidence of this however.

I definitely don't know if that is what Agamemnon and company saw, or if there is a separate bug related to minplayer/maxplayer settings in the mapcycle.txt

Comment

Yes, I am aware of that bug, but this seemed to be something different. We voted twice to switch to ns_eclipse, and twice were taken to a co map. It is possible there were double votes both times, but I do not believe that was the case. We did have 4/4 votes both times. In the second case it rapidly reached the 4 votes required, as the same people just revoted. I also recall that it produced the 'not enough people for ns eclipse, switching to co_ulysses' text. Maybe this was just another instance of the known bug, and my understanding of how that bug functions was incorrect.

As to the bug of votemap switching to the next map after coming up one short, that seems to occur either after a game has been completed on the present map, or after it's spent a significant period of time one vote short. Neither of these cases applied to the second vote, where we rapidly revoted for eclipse.

I just tested my theory of it being determined by the number of players, and this doesn't apply to 1/1 votemaps at least. I guess the best we can do is hope there's an SM on to manually change it when things go screwy.

Comment

I'm not aware of any plugin (home-grown or otherwise) that modifies the behavior of TGNS' votemap command. A plugin I recently wrote blocks it in certain situations.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anyone thinks I can be helpful.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ok I will admit... i did used to whore the crap out of votemap ns_bast... but i never found out if you vote twice it does that... it could be that its because no one ever went with me on the ns_bast

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X