This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4 and rejoin

I think there is a plug in that will not let u F4 once u picked a team. Actually im pretty sure there is, I recall it from another NS server.

Not sure how it will conflict with team balancing, since you need to f4 and join another team to balance it.

Although I guess admins could switch automatically. Not sure in case when there are no admins.

For those that are not sure why I brought this up, we had a game tonight where basically one of the rines f4'd and rejoined which saved marines and won the game.
    If the rine had not f4'd aliens would have won.

I believe its an exploit, sure game alows u to do that but the team should only use the abilities that are presented to them, that are part of the game and not the means of rejoining the game by f4.

Re: F4 and rejoin

If you are talking about the game in which I did it, I doubt it was a game saver (2 rines en route to double 1 skulk in base). Ive never looked at this as an exploit although it might not seem very fair. It is only allowed for the first 2 minutes (maybe less) I see it as more of a way to prevent early base rushing which I think shouldn't happen mainly because vanilla marines are easy picking for skulks (and I hate people getting free kills off spawners early on).

Anyway, I was kicked for it, I accept that, but I don't see anything wrong with my action. Feel free to rush my base after 2 minutes if it bothers you.

I don't think this perticular thing has been discussed before here, so if the majority decides its not right, I won't do it here.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Also I don't know many people who like to play 90 second games because 1/2 the marines can't shoot.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I think its very lame. All the time I've seen people about to die, then they F4 just so they aliens doesn't get the points or res. I won't name names but some of tem frequent the server.

Comment

F4-ing around respawn is illegal on our server.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Just to clarify here. What exactly isn't legal here.

1. F4 to avoid a potential death then rejoin (can be donw at any time, I don't agree with this) (illegal)

2. F4 and rejoin within first 2 minutes (once again to avoid death) (illegal)

3. F4 and rejoin within first 2 minutes (once already dead) in order to respawn slightl quicker. (I see this done a lot, and by many people. This is the one I personally have no problem with and am not sure about)

Although I may be guilty of all 3 (combat/pub servers) I would just like a clarification as to what exactly is unacceptable here.

I guess to avoid unnecessary quarrels in the future we should just agree that all forms of f4ing (with the exception of switching teams for balance) are not allowed.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Each of the things you listed is illegal.

F4 was designed to allow players to leave a team; any other use of the command during a game is out of bounds.

As admins, and I think too as players, it's preferable to keep short the list of explicit rules. This requires risking some rules as safely assumed. Based on my observations, I agree with Polska that he is not the only player which views this as acceptable and now understand that this will need to be added to the list of explicit rules.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

good to hear :icon_smil

Comment

Originally posted by Polska
                  Also I don't know many people who like to play 90 second games because 1/2 the marines can't shoot.

true that, but like I said you should you the tools u'r given :)

Comment

I would like to point out that skulkrushes are a valid tactic and that they are only viable within the first two minutes.

Yes they are boring and doing it lots is stupid. However, the possibility of a skulkrush forces the comm to be more defensive early on. This is obviously good for the aliens. Just the possibility of the rush, not even using it, gives them an advantage that they sorely need under the current balance.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

voogru has fixed this bug.

http://www.natural-selection.org/bt/...bug_id=0000801

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                        good to hear :icon_smil
                        same here ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          this will need to be added to the list of explicit rules.
                          Damn near one year later, I've delivered. :)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56290

This is in response to recent abuse of F4. It's sad to see, merits no discussion, and is now posted in our announcements forum.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X