Filling the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling the server

So as we've all noticed, the server has been rather dead lately. However, there are probably enough people that occasionally check it that we could easily fill it if we all checked around the same time. Think of it like rushing a hive; hitting it repeatedly with 2 or 3 people doesn't accomplish very much, but hitting it once with everyone gets the job done (I'll leave it to Kero to incorporate cat packs into that analogy).

Therefore, I propose a common time of 9est / 6pst as a time that most time zones should be able to make. If we can get enough people showing up at that same time, we should be able to get some good games in. So, I'll be there at that time tonight, but as it will probably take some time for people to see this (and get in this habit), I wouldn't expect immediate results, so don't give up if we don't fill the server the first night we try this.

Re: Filling the server

I might show up, It a toss up between DOW, TF2, NS and Classwork(which I have like a week to do)
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Full server tonight.

NS is DYING.

heh.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

NS has been dying ever since the babblers left...

R.I.P. Babblers
        Born: The beginning of the Golden Era
        Died: The worst day in the history of the world

Comment

I would've been on last night, but a video driver upgrade is conspiriing to keep me out of NS (and only NS is affected). I will be back after I downgrade again. :)

Comment

NS has been dead for a while, but this community was active until just a week and a half ago...
            You don't need a game to be alive to still enjoy yourself, so long as you can keep the community running.
            I can only really play at 6pm PST on mondays and thursdays... so I'll be here around 9 pst other days.
            This is getting weak =(

Comment

How does a game die while the community still thrives?
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Not too sure what you mean.
                I said this community as in the Tactical Gamer community.

Comment

You said "NS has been dead for a while."

My question is why call NS dead when there are servers filling nightly? (maybe not ours at the moment) Surely its not as active as it once was, but NS, the game, is not dead.

Comment

We just all wait in anticipation for NS2, they've annoucned it and its making progress so we can all wait instead of playing constantly looking at an empty unknownworlds.com website.

^^ loads of things people do, just cause no one is playing on our server for a week due to another game release doesn't mean they wouldn't play again.

Comment

Only reason I'm not on very often these days is I tend to listen to internet-streaming radio programs that I'm not close enough to get over the airwaves. That takes up just enough bandwidth that I can't aim at skulks at the same time. So I have to find less bandwidth-intensive games to play while listening to the radio. :madsmile:

But NS is too good to abandon completely. Any time I don't feel like catching the radio, I'll be back on NS.

Comment

Had some good games last night - only took 3-4 co rounds to get them, too.
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                          You said "NS has been dead for a while."

My question is why call NS dead when there are servers filling nightly? (maybe not ours at the moment) Surely its not as active as it once was, but NS, the game, is not dead.
                          Alright, I guess I meant it's dying, as the wise Wyzcrack said.
                          So any further death based questions go to him ahh, ahh!!

Comment

Originally posted by tr0gd0r3 View Post
                            Alright, I guess I meant it's dying, as the wise Wyzcrack said.
                            So any further death based questions go to him ahh, ahh!!
                            Damn you Wyz! You're KILLING NS!

Comment

Killing it with....sarcasm?
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X