This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules? Why bother?

Well if you dont want to give us any freedom why dont you just change it to Nothing Public Televison only curse words heard in Bambi or SnowWhite.

Re: Rules? Why bother?

bad day bats?

Comment

I have talked to Batman privately. He misunderstood and repeatedly went beyond the long-unchanged server language boundaries that the other regulars have yet to find issue with. He was kicked several times this afternoon for dropping repeated S-bombs, which he alone (among the regulars) understood to be allowed. He now knows that this is not acceptable.

For future reference, this thread was an excellent and missed opportunity for a PM. Please use them.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

why exactly cant you use the s word again? Its certainly not as bad as other words used..

Comment

I'll defer that discussion to the General Forums, as the TG language rules weren't conceptualized by the NS subcommunity. We simply follow the guidelines handed down to us.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

In order to promote a gaming community that is both mature and allows players that are not yet adults, TG decided to go with the "US network television" rule. If it can't be broadcast publicly, then don't say it.

You'll see admins and moderators use discretion in enforcing this rule. The occasional slip probably isn't a problem. Potty mouths, however, probably won't be tolerated.

If anyone wants to reopen discussion of this TG rule, then the Members General Forum is probably the appropriate place.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Gotta love PG rules in a game rated Mature.

Comment

Gotta love the backhanded oneliners. :-/

Half-Life is rated mature, yes. Natural Selection doesn't itself have a rating that I was able to find, but let's throw out an "M" for sake of argument, so you can still be right.
                A rating of "Mature" is depicted as meaning that is has "content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain mature sexual themes, more intense violence and/or strong language." Of those three things, retail Half-Life exhibits precisely one. You aren't missing out on something that was in the original by maintaining control of your speech.

Additionally, a guttermouth is not in the professional spirit on which TG was founded. While there's probably nothing financially wrong with a bank (for example) where the [fully adult, over 17, like the people who can buy games rated M] tellers swear like sailors, I probably won't have my business there, because they aren't acting in the professional manner I expect of a bank.

If the PG rules are a hassle, you'll be missed, and we'll play on.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Personally, I liken the no-swearing rule to the CD-req rule- it helps to weed out the annoying nubs. I've played on enough pubs to know that excessive swearing is a salient characteristic of an unenjoyable server.
                  Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Half Life is rated mature, which means you should be 17 years old or higher to play it. You still need Half Life in order to play NS, which means you should be 17 or older to play NS. Adults can say what they like, and I somehow don't see why blocking profanity is needed. Excessive profanity maybe, but kicking someone for saying the "S-Bomb" is pretty worthless. "****ing **** goddamnit stop ****ing spawncamping me" is excessive and warrants a warning/kick", "**** I made a mistake" doesn't. Most of us are adults or at least are mature individuals, I dont' see why the rule can't be altered to allow for mild profanity, as long as it's not excessive or degrading/derogatory in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                      Half Life is rated mature, which means you should be 17 years old or higher to play it. You still need Half Life in order to play NS, which means you should be 17 or older to play NS. Adults can say what they like, and I somehow don't see why blocking profanity is needed. Excessive profanity maybe, but kicking someone for saying the "S-Bomb" is pretty worthless. "****ing **** goddamnit stop ****ing spawncamping me" is excessive and warrants a warning/kick", "**** I made a mistake" doesn't. Most of us are adults or at least are mature individuals, I dont' see why the rule can't be altered to allow for mild profanity, as long as it's not excessive or degrading/derogatory in nature.
                      I'm still wondering why people CAN'T ****ing read ****ing English and take this discussion to the General Forums as NO LESS THAN TWO moderators have kindly requested.

Move it out, PLEASE. TG is more than NS, and this discussion is a TG-wide issue. We know there are players much younger than 17, so the "supposed to" rule doesn't fly.

Comment

I blame CS that bat has been playing, him and I played on the CS server that is filled with too many pubs and lack of admins.

He just needs to stop with CS and he will be fine hehe :)

Comment

Well said, Pokerface.

Thank you, Rampage.

Take it to the proper forum, folks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X