cc blocking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cc blocking

Poker said this was a legal tactic, but I think it's cheap to drop any structure in the middle of a hallway simply to block the retreat of an alien. I urge the admins to reconsider this particular rule, as I feel strongly about it.
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Re: cc blocking

In the rules it says blocking of elevators/ips is illegal. Doesn't specify hall ways, but I agree. One time during a seige of Cargo aliens got an onos so comm spammed ccs, thus trapping the onos. In a way, marines have complete control of the nano-whatchmahoosy and would be a valid tactic if it were a real fight. But in a simple game its more about having fun. Chances are, if the marines have enough res the teams were probably stacked and really don't need extra help (as was the case with the Cargo seige). I guess we'll have to hear from Wyz.

Comment

IMHO its a legal tactic. All the onos has to do is jump over the darn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
        IMHO its a legal tactic. All the onos has to do is jump over the darn thing.
        I don't believe they can jump over comm chairs. At least they couldn't in 2.0.
        Rm 14:2 NIV
        One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

On double check, it says no blocking of doors. Maybe expand that to hallways. And most of the time the cc is put under a low ceiling in a narrow hallway. Onos can't jump it.

Comment

I think this is an original, imaginative and fair tactic. It is literally not cheap as the marines have to pay for the CC, plus the comm requires time and skill to place it in the middle of a hectic fight. Also, the rines still have to kill the onos once they have caught it, which is easier said than done. If the rines have played well enough to have so much res they can waste it on CCs then they deserve to be able to do things like this.
            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Tho those extra CCs can be recycled and get a bit of res back, it's a low cost, highly effective tactic that removes a 75res onos from a game.. I don't particularily like this, but it's the same as a wall of lame on the aliens side... even if it takes a lot longer (and more res) to make a wall of lame.
              |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

The rule has never really covered this sort of blockage. I think it refers more to screwing up elevators and doors(like the one in Mess Hall) by obstructing them.

Personally I think it should be disallowed. It really is a lame tactic with almost no disadvantage short of res; a team with enough nodes can line a small hallway with CCs and the Onos will be literally incapable of passing it, which guarantees its death. The best solution would be a plugin that makes unbuilt structures intangible, but I don't know if that's feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                  The rule has never really covered this sort of blockage. I think it refers more to screwing up elevators and doors(like the one in Mess Hall) by obstructing them.

Personally I think it should be disallowed. It really is a lame tactic with almost no disadvantage short of res; a team with enough nodes can line a small hallway with CCs and the Onos will be literally incapable of passing it, which guarantees its death. The best solution would be a plugin that makes unbuilt structures intangible, but I don't know if that's feasible.
                  Nah, that plugin would never work. Imagine if you will resnodes with this property. If I were a marine, I'd drop resnodes all over the map before building an IP. :-)
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I think that blocking the hallways with ccs is lame but its a tactic. This will probably be one of those things like bunny hopping. There will be tons of people who like it and there will be tons who hate it.

Comment

My opinion (not that anyone cares..... except for my groupie BATMAN.... that freak won't leave me the hell alone) is that it should NOT be allowed.

Comment

Tho those extra CCs can be recycled and get a bit of res back
                        Can't recycle CCs unless its changed since I left.

Personally I think the whole subject, not just the tactic is iffy, because in all my experiences I've had about a 50/50 success rate with trying to block fleeing aliens with buildings, I've seen it work perfectly and the Onos/Fade go down, and I've seen it backfire horrible and seen my entire team die in a matter of seconds.

30 res, while not a large sum, is certainly not chump change in all but the end game, the money could be spent on HMG's which are a lot more reliable onos killers, IMO.

I guess my vote would be that its fair, if a slightly underhanded tactic, never really seen it enough on the server for it to be a large problem, and the rare occasions that it did occur the marines were typically swimming in res and the aliens were on their final decent in the abyss of defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
                          Can't recycle CCs unless its changed since I left.
                          Yes it has :).

I personally think the tactic is fair, however I tend not to use it myself. Earning the kill is more satisfying and keeps some spice in the game. I prefer to spam cat packs and scream at my team to chase the bastard with hmgs.

Tactic gets my thumbs up, however I would urge people not to use it as it is rather cheap.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

You can recycle CCs, it changed. By stopping the onos from killing/fleeing is in itself a good onos killer. Not to mention that when done during a seige where the onos was the last chance, it kills the whole team.

Comment

As stated above, extra CCs can be recycled.

Perhaps we should run a poll to see where everyone stands.
                              |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X