Head Shots on NS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Shots on NS?

a few days ago (monday) i started playing ns. im pleased to announce its very enjoyable and a good break from tfc, opforce, and cs. i like it because the targets are extremely fast and small (damn those skulks...) making it a lot more interesting than cs, where all you need is to fire 3 bullets to kill someone. anyways, i was wonderin, is it possible to head shot on ns, and how? i mean, i know you point at their head and shoot, but how do you head shot a skulk when its zooming around at break neck speeds? what about other marines; i play a lot of ns_ maps so i usually don't encounter other marines. and onos? its head is the size of a marine, is it possible to increase my damage to it by aiming at the battering ram they call its head?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Physics exploits are what make the world go round :)

Re: Head Shots on NS?

There is no hit detection in NS for good reason. The head of most aliens faces forward. If an alien is attacking a marine, almost all hits would be head shots. Unfair advantage. Also, aiming bites is very hard except for maybe lerks.

Comment

k thnx, when i was playin ns on de_dust2 some person told me that there were hs's. oh well.

Comment

It waay differet from cs... you cant even compare them :)

Comment

Did he say he was playing ns on de_dust2??

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I've played on NS:Combat servers that include CS maps. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had made ns_ maps out of them too. Generally they don't work well though, since the terrain is set up for both sides haveing guns, the aliens can be seen/shot from far far away, and it's hard to stop jump packs with a wide open sky(though of course you can only go up so high). However, you can move REALLY far REALLY fast blinking or flying....

de_dust2 has a absolutely despiseable location for the CC too. Incredibly hard to get to. Especially if they have the Cheesy respawn option on.

Comment

zT has a server that runs 28 players and lots of customized CO maps -- from DoD, CS, TFC, etc etc etc... fun at times, but mostly not as it's a lot of MvM. HA / HMG / CrackPacks FTW!
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                It waay differet from cs... you cant even compare them :)

Your right, NS is just to damn good to be compared to a lower mod like CS. :P

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
                  Your right, NS is just to damn good to be compared to a lower mod like CS. :P
                  Amen... too bad I dont play it anymore.. well actually I do when I'm not tending to my "peons" on my server :P

Comment

ive ditched cs. ever since steam has taken over ive seen more speed hacks than ever before. though i happend to nail one in the face with a xm shotty before he could knife my eyes out.

Comment

That's why I only play on servers I am admin on... :D
                      (5 servers)

Comment

CS can be good if you "play it right" as we once did at N42 and as they still do over at www.deadmen.co.uk
                        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Reason for there being no HS hitbox is because the HL engine is limited to i believe 4 hitboxes? And with all the different sizes of aliens its very hard to just get a Hitbox for each class. This is a reason for the buggy hitbox for the crouched fade. The crouched fade uses a crouched marine hitbox which is much smaller than the model.

Comment

hrm, so if i blinked around while crouched... *evil contemplation* muahahahah!!! i am invincible!!!

Comment

No -- good players know to shoot you in the crotch. When you duck, your crotch is just lower - but it'll still hurt like hell when a lvl3 shotty hits it.
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X