Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frequent server crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Frequent server crashes

    So, the server crashed tonight around 11:10 PST while full, and also crashed sunday evening while full. With the amount of difficulty we've been having getting people on the server, this is a complication we do not need. Is there any way to find out what's causing this and fix it?

  • #2
    Re: Frequent server crashes

    There very well may be. I'll get to checking logs 'n' stuff.

    The server is telling me that the OS was updated, requiring restart; that might at the heart of last night's crash... more to come though as I look into it.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

    Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Frequent server crashes

      Wow. Sucker died in the middle of a log entry... this is the whole last line:
      L 12/05/2007 - 01:08:58: "HUA<496><STEAM_X:X:XXXXXX><marine1team>" tri
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

      Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Frequent server crashes

        Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
        There very well may be. I'll get to checking logs 'n' stuff.

        The server is telling me that the OS was updated, requiring restart; that might at the heart of last night's crash... more to come though as I look into it.
        This has been verified; an OS update is what killed it last night.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

        Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Frequent server crashes

          How often does that occur? Is there any way to make it happen overnight or in the morning rather than during prime hours? I'm assuming it wouldn't need to do that twice in three days, so that probably wasn't the cause of the sunday crash (which only brought down server #1, with server #2 experiencing excessive server lag for about an hour afterwards).

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Frequent server crashes

            Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
            How often does that occur? Is there any way to make it happen overnight or in the morning rather than during prime hours? I'm assuming it wouldn't need to do that twice in three days, so that probably wasn't the cause of the sunday crash (which only brought down server #1, with server #2 experiencing excessive server lag for about an hour afterwards).
            I haven't figured out the earlier crash; I don't THINK it was an OS-deal, though.

            Gotta remember, this WAS overnight for the server.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

            Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Frequent server crashes

              Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
              I haven't figured out the earlier crash; I don't THINK it was an OS-deal, though.

              Gotta remember, this WAS overnight for the server.
              I think what aga was trying to say was to do server updates during the day, (such as around 10 am) When the server is at it lowest player count. Not at 10 PM just when the server is starting/is competently full and running games.

              What would be best if the server looked to see if any one was playing, and if so then delay updating unless an admin forces it. That way, if for some reason everyone gets on at 9 am, and reboot is set for 10, it would not kill the server.
              Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Frequent server crashes

                Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost View Post
                I think what aga was trying to say was to do server updates during the day, (such as around 10 am) When the server is at it lowest player count. Not at 10 PM just when the server is starting/is competently full and running games.
                As opposed to those times when the server is incompetently full. Or perhaps full of incompetence? Actually that might be a good time to crash...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Frequent server crashes

                  if onServer(Agamemnon): crash();
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

                  Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Frequent server crashes

                    Had yet another server crash tonight at 8:00 pm PST at the end of an 8v8 on caged. Server 2 seemed unaffected, while server 1 is still down as of 9:30 pm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Frequent server crashes

                      Yeap, went down at 8pm PST, and for some reason I couldn't get back in, but it seems other were able to get in though?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Frequent server crashes

                        Originally posted by thane View Post
                        Yeap, went down at 8pm PST, and for some reason I couldn't get back in, but it seems other were able to get in though?
                        Not back in to server 1, half of us went over to server 2, but were unable to get back up to a full server.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Frequent server crashes

                          I'll have to beat Wyz with a stick, but I'll also need to find the time to do it. Stupid job hunt.

                          This is the second time S1 has crashed, but S2 was unaffected, yes?
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

                          Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Frequent server crashes

                            This time server two was unaffected, but the last time server one crashed by itself, server two was experiencing an unplayable amount of server lag.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Frequent server crashes

                              I vote we require wyz to play a minimum of 15 hours a week to make up for the crashes

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X