No announcement yet.

Help me with my OpenGL settings please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with my OpenGL settings please!

For some reason, my refresh rate on my monitor with OpenGL is only 60Hz with HL. I have an ATI 9600XT and am using the latest drivers. I can't find a setting to force OpenGL to use a higher refresh rate.

Help! :icon9:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Help me with my OpenGL settings please!

Originally posted by Tempus
    For some reason, my refresh rate on my monitor with OpenGL is only 60Hz with HL. I have an ATI 9600XT and am using the latest drivers. I can't find a setting to force OpenGL to use a higher refresh rate.

Help! :icon9:
    installing the latest drivers enables vsync by default.

... i think.

go into the advanced settings, click on the 3D tab, and look to see if vsync is on by default or off. if you want higher FPS, force it off for both direct3d and opengl.

Comment

get the latest OmegaDrivers, and use the special openGL driver made for CS/HL. i use it and i avg at 120 as opposed to the normal 80-90. That doesnt really help with the vsync i know but i recommend it anyways

Comment

I have VSync off. My FPS in NS is 99. But my monitor is still at 60 Hz.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Excellent! Thank you. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X