Opinions on CD Required?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on CD Required?

Die brought it up today he is recommending CD being optional again and i told him i would bring it up on the forums. Just post your thoughts. Personally i noticed the quality in games has increased greatly. While CD was off because of version incompatiblity games on the server were well boring and lacked challenge.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Opinions on CD Required?

I presently prefer CD being required.

By biggest complaint with CD being required in the past is that it was hard to find entertainment before the server filled up. I know that bots have a bad stigma, but I frankly find it very challenging and entertaining to play lots of bots while I wait for folks, especially now that we can level them, and their AI is upgraded, and I generally (based on my personal experience as well as remote monitoring of the server in early afternoons) find that the bots fill the server with humans faster than do one or two or three humans alone.

Most people can and do grasp the fact that the bots ARE temporary and serve only to drive toward great NS games, where NO bots are used.

So, what we're left with is mildly entertaining CO gameplay (which meets my expectations of CO) and thoroughly entertaining NS gameplay (which meets my expectations of NS at TG).

That having been said, we can go to CD OPT if that's what the majority wants.

Thoughts?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

As always, I vote for CD-Required. We have had the discussion as to why many times already, so we don't need to go deeply into it again. Suffice it to say that anything that filters out lamers and cheaters gets my vote.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

My vote is for the status quo! Keep cd required.

Comment

I also think CD should stay required. It does keep morons off. Opening up the server to everyone, even with the priority to people with CD, will let some people in who really just don't know how to play and yada yada...

Comment

I think CD should be required. while cd was off, i played against a few people who had questionable skills, and low and behold, they haven't returned since cd was put back on.

Comment

Originally posted by M4ge
              I think CD should be required. while cd was off, i played against a few people who had questionable skills, and low and behold, they haven't returned since cd was put back on.
              I'm back ^ ^. As much as I hate to see the server empty most of the day I vote for CD REQ. If I really want to play with undesireables there are pubs out there that will do the job.

EDIT: After thinking it over, the old cd optional + rsr slot method seemed to work well. Maybe we should consider trying that again (don't know whethere there were problems with it or not.)
              Last edited by Polska; 08-26-2004, 01:09 PM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I still think Cheating-Death should remain required. During the right time of day you do get a lot of good NS games, you just need to know when (usually evening). Even if more people would come during the day those games usually weren't fun and I'd rather play against bots anyway.

EDIT: If we really want to get some daytime games started, maybe we sould all add each other to the Steam Friends list. If nothing else it would be nice to grab a paying member and say "can you add a few (12) bots right quick?". Mine is: HairyNevus. Feel free to add me.
                Last edited by HairyNevus; 08-26-2004, 02:46 PM.

Comment

heeeeellll no, CD on period.

its better fewer but better.

Comment

bunnyhopping was banned on another pub i was on.

it was funny.

/me stands back and watches custom fade.

lololololol

Comment

CD Req. Kicking foul-mouthed disrespectful jerks gets tiresome. There was one evening when that's pretty much all I did for a few rounds when CD was disabled. I don't mind it, I'm glad I can take action against someone if necessary. It's just the high numbers of dimwits that funnel into the server when CD is off, ruining the fun for everyone.

As I'm typing this, I see a 'Tired of pubbies?' TG banner displayed, and I'm reminded why I like coming here.
                      |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

My vote will always be for CD Required. I don't care if the game doesn't fill up until the evening, I'd rather play small combat games with regulars than full NS games with tards.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                          My vote will always be for CD Required. I don't care if the game doesn't fill up until the evening, I'd rather play small combat games with regulars than full NS games with tards.
                          Haha Zek... Roger that! REQUIRED!!!
                          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                            Ditto x 3

(blah blah 10 characters *THIS*)
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X