Hello peoples :P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello peoples :P

Hello, I know this seems like yet another hello thread and I guess in someways it is :P But I also want to clarify some info so as to prevent any annoying/frustrating situations.

Im new to the TG community in general and will soon start playing and learning how to play the NS mod on these servers, since there seem to be many nice people. But Id also like to let you all know to please communicate w/ me via text when you need to get my attentions since I am unable to hear and as a result I obviously cannot use your voice chat facilities :P

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all in game!
    ~~Chii
    Never take that which you have had all your life for granted, for it might vanish in an instant the next day.

Re: Hello peoples :P

Thanks for the heads up, Chii.

I've worked with Chii to setup a bind that he'll use in game to notify teammates that he is deaf. I would appreciate you guys working as best you can to integrate him into the team despite this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Welcome aboard!! I'll keep that in mind, and good luck!
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I've worked with Chii to setup a bind that he'll use in game to notify teammates that he is deaf. I would appreciate you guys working as best you can to integrate him into the team despite this.
        Given that I'll soon be back in the chair, him not hearing me is probably for the best :icon_wink

Look forward to workin with ya Chii!

Comment

Chii, I just played for an hour with no sound, in order to attempt a perspective into what you're dealing with.

Until you're intimately familiar with the marine side of gameplay, I would just about insist that you play marines for now. Marines is just simpler, including from a teamplay standpoint.

We're going to set you up with some binds.. several binds.. to help you streamline your text-based communication with your team.

More on this later.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

wow wyzcrack, ur one nice dude. lot more considerate than most ns players i know. chii is lucky to have such good peeps round him :)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            Physics exploits are what make the world go round :)

Comment

I'd sign "Hello!" but you can't see me through the internet (no kidding - wife is taking signing class while I babysit at night -- and she's teaching me when she gets home).

So -- hey hey! and look forward to playing with you. I'll remember to use text when we're on together.
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
                I'd sign "Hello!" but you can't see me through the internet (no kidding - wife is taking signing class while I babysit at night -- and she's teaching me when she gets home).

So -- hey hey! and look forward to playing with you. I'll remember to use text when we're on together.
                make a video :P

Hey chii, nice to see new people and i hope to get some games in here, been sorta busy.. see you on the server..

oh yeah i really wanna see how this scripting works.. :)

also.. your avatar.. whats it from?

Comment

Wow useful scripts! :icon2: :) (CAUTION MAY SPARK DRAMA!)

Oh and welcome, maybe this will encourage more people to type rather then spam the voicecomm!

PS - Appereantly I put in too many smileys :(.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how someone plays without sound. Looks like motion tracking and SoF will be your best friend I guess. Try to get them as much as possible.

Comment

Welcome Chii... A Chobits fan eh?

Guess it's time to make some communication binds... See you in game..

Tempest
                      Rm 14:2 NIV
                      One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Wow, I wasnt expecting to have many if any responces, kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ;)

Though Id like to clear up some confusion that has arrisen.
                        Ive noticed quite a few of the responces have referred to me as a he, and after looking myself over I think qualify as a she :P

And yep, the name/avatar are from chobits, and once I get around to it Ill have a custom spray paint logo from that too <G>

What can I say, Im an anime nut ^_^

Looking forward to many many more games in the future with you all!
                        ~~Chii
                        Never take that which you have had all your life for granted, for it might vanish in an instant the next day.

Comment

Hey its another anime fan. Looks like i am gonna need Chii's AIM sn. (Me= Gundam nut)
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

you recently had your first encounter with me on the server tonight. you may also know me from my handywork, co_asterisk.
                            "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Comment

Welcome :D

Imma inu-nut... inuyasha :P

http://www.digitalcreations.cc/sniper/inuyasha.html

But welcome to NS:TG
                              Im sure you'll love it :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...