X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta5 released this weekend?

http://www.natural-selection.org/for...howtopic=79481
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: beta5 released this weekend?

Some very good stuff in there. Too bad I will be out of town this weekend.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

They haven't unchained the chambers... *sigh*
      Rm 14:2 NIV
      One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
        They haven't unchained the chambers... *sigh*
        yeah, I forgot about that. I'm okay with using the plugin for now, I guess. I would like to see it make it as a seperate playmode or something like that. It seems pretty popular, and it plays pretty nicely.

Maybe the devs feel that the plugin works so well, why mess with the code-base?
        --
        CaveDog
        "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

But TG has!
          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

And boy, if I have anything to say about it, we'll be keeping them unchained for as long as humanly possible. No changes for NSC gameplay mentioned in that changelog are anywhere near as game-altering as the unchained chambers.

As for the other game (non-map) changes... meh. I was expecting a lot more than a slow wave respawn and ammo dropping. I wish I could be impressed, really I do.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
              No changes for NSC gameplay mentioned in that changelog are anywhere near as game-altering as the unchained chambers.
              Agreed....

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i too will miss the debut (if'n it acutally debuts this weekend)
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I don't think they were meant to be game-altering(at least for Classic). The big focus of this patch was still the bug fixes; they want to have a relatively bug-free base from which to build on with the last patches before Final.

Also, word is that they are planning on releasing tonight:

Originally posted by Flayra
                  I'm glad that everyone is digging the changelog! Most of the PTs and Devs think this is one sweet build.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into one of our biggest releases, largely because of all the new players we have due to our Browse Games placement.

It _looks_ like we're going to be releasing in a matter of hours, not later this weekend, so let's keep our fingers crossed no last minute problems crop up!

Comment

Things that look cool:
                    jetpackers are now immune to stomp
                    Knockback never affects friendly players (ever been on the other side of a cc with onos on opposite end? WEEE!)
                    Reduced time it takes to throw hand-grenades ('bout time!)
                    Increased redemption chance from 35% per second to 45% per second (YES!)
                    Gorge heal less powerful now though :(. But they have more armor :).

Comment

Wyz, can we set combat games back to normal size at least for a while after Beta 5? We probably won't need the bots while we try out the changes(and the bots are getting old lately anyway to be honest), and when we're not using them it's better not to give the appearance that we're a 30 person combat server...

Personally I'd rather we get rid of the 21 level plugin as well. Might as well see if the default combat is to our liking now.

Comment

and i'd like to try the maps we've thrown out - agora and lost -- just to see if they're any better
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Agora didn't change at all.

Comment

Sure, we can back down a bit on the customizations while b5 is new.

A vanilla server will be installed when it's released. This means the mapcycle will be default install. Everything will be default install and only default install. I've got a social event which will keep me from home until approximately midnight EST and threatens to coincide with the release, but Apophis will be keeping an eye out for us.

Later, I'll install AMX and the plugins that go along with it, including the slot reservation system, which will not be available for members until I install AMX. Cheating-Death will also not be available immediately. The server will be upgraded to a vanilla b5 server, plain and simple, until I add the bells and whistles.

I'll not add the bells and whistles you've mentioned. How long they remain disabled I can't say. But you know how it works around here... we'll do what we decide is best.

Comment

all those additions to NS are nice.

One is abit extreme i would say, primal scream boosts Xeno.

Xeno owns as it is, with primal scream xeno will kill rines with HA??

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X