Connection question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection question...

I have noticed that my ping has increased slightly since a couple of weeks ago. I used to ping 40-70 now I stand in the low 100's (100-150). I seem to ping more or less the same (as I used to) to some of the other servers I freqent.

Have there been any hardware changes made at TG, nothing has changed on my end as far as I know (maybe my b5 rates are screwed if they defaulted). Perhaps this is a result of the server max limit being increased?

Anyway, not a huge performance kick, but it has been in the back of my head while I played. Any ideas would be welcome.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Connection question...

Well, a few things have changed on the server. The b4 to b5 migration (which itself was an obvious change) required that we change the metamod version we're using. I have no reason to think that would cause the symptoms you've described. With the introduction of b5, the server is presently running fewer AMX plugins than it was before. No hardware changes have occured on the server, nor has the configuration or CPU priority setting of the server changed. I've not heard of any network changes regarding our server hosting company.

What are your rates set to presently?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

cl_updaterate 20
      cl_cmdrate 30
      rate 9999
      cl_rate 10000

Don't know others which may influence this.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

(my understanding is that cl_rate is locked at 9999, which makes me suspect you transposed your cl_rate and rate values; they differ by one, so no matter)

Each of my values is considerably higher than your respective value.

rate 15000
        cl_updaterate 100
        cl_cmdrate 100

You might try those values. Based on what little I know about rates, nothing about your values seems to throw up red flags.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Neither your cl_updaterate or cl_cmdrate should be higher than you clientside and server side FPS.

rate is limited upto 20000

FYI try a tracert to the ips that you have problems.

Comment

beta32* of HLSW has a fantastic traceroute tool built into it. It will give you the historical information it has always offered for the destination (server), but now it gives you that same information for EVERY hop along the way, in REALTIME.

beta32 also references fixed bugs regarding WON HL parameters supposedly being sent to Steam HL in previous HLSW versions, though I never noticed.

* full install (as are all HLSW betas these days -- no longer patches)

Comment

I tried out the HLSW feature (haven't updated that program in a while heh) and this is what it came up with.

http://s93152465.onlinehome.us/tr.jpg

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

what the hell? AU? something is odd about your DNS lookup there
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

HLSW wil often display AU for hosts. Yes, it's a bug, and yes, it does have to do with how it resolves hosts, but it's specific to HLSW, not Polska's install or network. I once read the details, but I've forgotten them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X