Seminar: Glidejumping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminar: Glidejumping

Well, I saw Adj jumping around as a marine tonight while he crossed ns_nothing. When I asked him to stop, citing the fact that hopping is intended for aliens as standard fare but not for marines, he corrected me. He told me that he has written (or is in the process of writing, I forget -- the point is it's going in the manual) the section of the 3.0 official manual which presents glidejumping as an ability which marines will have and which will be intended by the devs as part of common gameplay no less than is bunnyhopping. He explained that marine glidejumping is not an oversight, as many think, but a marine ability promoted by the devs to speed marines in movement. Its inclusion in the game moving forward (bad pun) is quite intentional, he explained.

So, we need to learn how to glidejump. I asked Adj, our gracious NS Guide, to teach a seminar for glidejumping on our server, and he quickly agreed.

Adj, I'll let you schedule it with folks. I intend to come and learn. Thanks for the help.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Seminar: Glidejumping

Longjump too?!
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

longjump modules ftw.

Actually I want to just do a big group thing for about an hour. If I can get a rough day/time sometime this week everyone wants (every day but thursday is good for me), then we'll go from there. In addition to being an NSGuide I'm also an instructor/staff member for NSLearn, so that's what I'll be doing this for.

Comment

Let's do it Wednesday around .... 10PM EST?

Badger Hunt practice is that night, too, but I don't think either will take too long.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yyaayy! i have no school on thursday so i could do wednesday as long as i remember!! :D:D

Comment

I'm in!! as long as i dont keep getting kicked again.. that ruined my night >.<

Comment

And I thought crack jumping was enough.... the devs do this... GG!

Comment

Crack jumping is jumping around with absolutely no purpose in the hopes of avoiding a skulk or getting knockback. Glide jumping is for movement, not evasion per se, and there's a hell of a lot more skill involved in it than in just smashing +jump in hopes of avoiding a skulk.

Comment

When did a dev say that glidejumping was intended?

Comment

Why don't they just rename this game Super Mario Brothers in Space?

:icon23:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                      When did a dev say that glidejumping was intended?
                      I don't know. All I know is that Adj said he's included (including?) it in the 3.0 official manual... in the part that he's officially writing. Since he's writing it, he can probably tell us who told him to put it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus

lol, seriously eh.

I understand skulks bunnyhop, well because they are aliens after all. But have marines do same heh.

This glinding u guys talking about is it like bunnyhopping I see on CS??

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus

Luigi owns

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                            lol, seriously eh.

I understand skulks bunnyhop, well because they are aliens after all. But have marines do same heh.

This glinding u guys talking about is it like bunnyhopping I see on CS??
                            I dont even understand skulks b-hopping. If they were meant to be that fast, then they would of made them that fast. You dont need to exploit the engine.

Comment

i would like to attend as well :E

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse