blah ha ha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blah ha ha

it's amusing that the server winds down after a few epic games, some light combat, and then everyone shows back up on the forums.

it's like having coffee/whiskey after the battle.

let's sit back and recount the night's adventures....

sometimes i miss your demo plugin wyz -- where we could all reminisce, and people would provide commentary on the games... and they'd become legendary.

when i played a lot of LAN starcraft - most of the fun was in recounting the game with my friends and being all excited about the close calls. that's the real GG.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Re: blah ha ha

Is there a way to watch a demo as a group?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If you can host a HLTV server, and have the HLTV *server* record a demo, then yes -- the HLTV server can play back the demo, we all join and watch - and hop on TS / Vent to talk.

I was never involved in the technical details of making that happen - back in my clan (|TE|) days we did that to review matches. I think there's help for that on the HLTV website, but if you need more look GoleX up (I can help find him if'n you can't).
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Yea I'd like to watch a replay of my comming on tanith so I could see how close wyz was to dying as fade when I cc blocked him D:

Comment

lol.. you mean when you "dropped that comm chair next to me as I fled effortlessly"?

I have configured the TGNS HLTV proxy to automatically record demos of all matches in the past. I'll set this up again.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

He's right you know adj...you did pretty well miss his path with that comm chair. But we had L0 weapons at the time, and I was the only one on the scene (LMG) so I couldn't drop him. *shrug*
            --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Miss his path? lol, I dropped it RIGHT in front of him, it took him like 4 seconds to go around it.

Comment

Four seconds? You don't have time in four seconds to see the health circle on a fade?

... unless it wasn't four seconds... ;)

Comment

You were mid yellow, a little more than half health, I just wanted to actually see it first person, little different than third person :P

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                    You were mid yellow, a little more than half health, I just wanted to actually see it first person, little different than third person :P
                    Being dead, I watched it in first person. You missed. :P
                    Dropped right in front of him well enough, but he scooted to the right without readily apparent effort. If the marines got a dozen more bullets in him, I'd be impressed.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Rawr: my strongest fade skill: fleeing.

haha (and even that skill proves insufficient at times haha)

Comment

*edited*

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        Rawr: my only fade skill: fleeing.

haha (and even that skill proves insufficient at times haha)
                        :P

Comment

So....now that HLTV is up, what does that mean? =\

Comment

Well, it means a couple things, neither being really major.

First, it means that every game played on the server is recorded to the server's filesystem as an HLTV demo, which can be viewed later by individuals or as a group and which allows each viewer to change cameras at whim while viewing the demo (ala HLTV). Someone cooler than me correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe voicecomm is captured in HLTV demos (voicecomm is enabled when you view HLTV live).

Second, it means that I could throw players into HLTV instead of kicking them when the server is full. This would allow them to stay "with the game" until a slot becomes available that they're authorized to occupy. The same concerns apply here as do apply when introducing into gameplay someone who has been spectating prior to joining a team.

Comment

Couldn't you make it so that when you do spectate that you are forced to watch only one side. You would choose which side to spectate and be forced to wait for a slot to open on that team only? Did any of that make sense, and if so is it possible? Because I do love the idea of being able to watch HLTV while waiting for a free spot.

*edit* Also can you make it que-able so that it's first come first server?
                              Though much is taken, much abides; and though
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
                              One equal temper of heroic hearts,
                              Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
                              To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X