its doesn't work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: its doesn't work

We tryd to dowload the all seing eye on his computer to connect but it still does the same error failed to contact game server. is there any way to correct this. he cans see the people that are currently on the server but he cant join he tryed to reinstal steam and ns and halflife but it wont work. he has a firewall and he blocks attacks agains his computer whit it all the time. could he have blocked tactical gamer that way?
    There's an Evil Fade in Cargo

Comment

Hmmm...

He can see players on the server? To view players on the server users the protocol UDP, while joining the server uses TCP/IP. That might be significant, but I'm not sure how.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Hmmm...

He can see players on the server? To view players on the server users the protocol UDP, while joining the server uses TCP/IP. That might be significant, but I'm not sure how.
        Some universities block UDP...
        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
          Some universities block UDP...
          But wouldn't that be the opposite of what's happening there? If he can see players and such, then UDP is working normally.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            But wouldn't that be the opposite of what's happening there? If he can see players and such, then UDP is working normally.
            This is correct.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So if you're firewall/router is the kind you have to open ports to get out as well as in, did you enable the port 27014? if so, make sure that you have enabled tcp as well as udp, most firewalls give you the choice of one or both.

If this isn't the problem, I will say that it must be an app problem (hl itself), since he can get packets to and from the host, albeit udp. If this is true, I'm out of ideas.

Are you sure that the message is " failed to contact game server"?

Maybe there is a connection timeout setting in hl?
              --
              CaveDog
              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

im sure that the message is : Failed to contact game server.
                and i shutted down my firewall and it still doesnt work...

Comment

I'm not sure if this problem was fixed but I'm experiencing something similar. I'm trying to add the server to my Steam server list but the server doesn't respond. I can ping tgns.tacticalgamer.com but there isn't a response when I ping the game server.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The server went down at 5AM this morning and was only brought back online just now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X