Themed events?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Themed events?

My random "Newbie tuesday" comment seemed to get a good deal of feedback, so I figured I'd roll with it.

What do you guys think of having "newbie tuesday"

or

"tactics Friday" - where you are encouraged to try out random stratagies as a comm and not have to worry about blowing the game?

or

"Skillday Thursday" - Everyone tries something new (maybe do this more once we get lerk lift going?) so we can test out classes we've never tried.

I'm just throwing stuff out there. give me some feedback on what you like =)

Also - how receptive is the community to starting a TG "clan". I think we could rock and roll with this and I'd like to have a good, solid, compeditive game once a week or so.

Thanks!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Re: Themed events?

I believe TG used to have multiple teams in the CAL and such...that aside.

I don't have any problem with some themed events, but not overly frequent. Like once a week at max.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

I enthusiastically agree both with the idea of having these events and with restricting them to only one per week.

Tactical Rage was a team of TG NS members and regulars which played CAL teams (cri, dn, bah, etc?) in scrims, but we never competed in leagues, as our interest was in taking our teamplay to the next level, not really in competing (cri was the only team which consistently made our teamplay irrelevant, as we simply couldn't counter their pristine aim individually, and we could never form our group -- we scrimmed them several times and never won, though we did draw once). Ultimately, the attitudes of the competitive players drove us into disinterest, but the rush you get from playing with five other TG members that you know damn well are giving it their all is.. well.. it's really, really very satisfying.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That's mostly what I'm talking about. i'm not looking for CAL or ever anything near that. Just pure NS as it should be with two teams going at it, no holds barred. I think it would be fun. but that's MHO.

Comment

You could play in CAL-O NS and do just fine. I bet a TG clan would probably beat most of the clans in omega. You also won't get a lot of flak from people now, the competitive community as a whole is a lot more accepting of newer players and teams as long as they're not blatantly retarded and willing to learn, that's all that's required. Very rarely will you get an entire clan that's negative to anyone, it's usually just an individual, which you simply have to ignore.

Comment

I couldn't :P I'd get smoked like a finely rolled zerg stogie... ahh how I miss making zerg stogies with my firebat....

Comment

I'm rather fond of the idea of "Crazy Relocation Friday" myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                I'm rather fond of the idea of "Crazy Relocation Friday" myself.
                Play it like Hide-and-seek. Marines have 30sec to relocate during which the aliens stay in the hive (or build an rt closest to at the most) and then they have to run out and find them. It's as though MS really wasn't MS on the map.

Marines should refrain from reloc to a hive tho'.

As to clanning.... I'd go for a scrim every now and then but don't have the time to get back into CAL.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I'd be up for Crazy Relocation Friday every now and then :P Sounds like fun! Of course we'll even have to bust out underplayed maps ;)

Bast, ayumi, altair...stuff that people get lost on =)
                  --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                    You could play in CAL-O NS and do just fine. I bet a TG clan would probably beat most of the clans in omega. You also won't get a lot of flak from people now, the competitive community as a whole is a lot more accepting of newer players and teams as long as they're not blatantly retarded and willing to learn, that's all that's required. Very rarely will you get an entire clan that's negative to anyone, it's usually just an individual, which you simply have to ignore.
                    So I went and looked at the CAL-O clans.... you're right - I see some old names there, but not much of any kind of team. TG could whip something up and smite them. If they really wanted to.
                    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      I enthusiastically agree both with the idea of having these events and with restricting them to only one per week.

Tactical Rage was a team of TG NS members and regulars which played CAL teams (cri, dn, bah, etc?) in scrims, but we never competed in leagues, as our interest was in taking our teamplay to the next level, not really in competing (cri was the only team which consistently made our teamplay irrelevant, as we simply couldn't counter their pristine aim individually, and we could never form our group -- we scrimmed them several times and never won, though we did draw once). Ultimately, the attitudes of the competitive players drove us into disinterest, but the rush you get from playing with five other TG members that you know damn well are giving it their all is.. well.. it's really, really very satisfying.
                      couldn't agree more :)

you fellas never won!?? serious, billy you tempus ema, and still did not win?? cri is that leet huh

Comment

No no... we scrimmed CRI several times and only ever got a draw. We won against several clans, known and unknown.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well seeing as I started this mess, I guess I should finish it up, eh?

With the blessing of Wyz I'd like to declare this weeks themed event "Crazy Relocation Thursday". Onto the rules!

the marines shall recieve up to a minimum of 1 minute not to exceed 3 minutes. The stock timer shall always be the 1 minute mark but the commander can request additional time. If this policy is abused it will be revoked. NOTE: I'm being generous here because I would like to see these games be CD-Opt so we can advertise our games, expand our base, and attract more gamers so we can enjoy more events and such.

During this time all aliens must stay at home. They may, if they wish, send out a scout (not to exceed 2 aliens, and adj' can not be a scout ;)). The purpose of this is to counter the horrible deficet that aliens will get due to the lack of res/rfk.

Other then that... I think everything else is fair game. I would like to see vent blocking become legal only during this event, and only as a trial base. This is up to the community though.

Also with the blessing of Wyz I'd like permission to post each weeks new themed events. Each event will be posted on a saturday and be played some time that week (preferablly never mondays unless advanced notice is given).

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Sounds good, though I don't see the need for the vent blocking unless it's somehow critical to the theme. I don't see vent blocking critical to the theme of relocations, unless it's "CRAZY VENT RELOCATION TUESDAY." lol

Let's try to be liberal with CDOPT early Thursday, letting people know they're welcome to stay for the event.

Comment

I should of been more clear.. but I'm a bit rushed as i need to be in a meeting in about 20 minutes across town.. anywho!

The reason i ask for vent blocking is because of where the marines may choose to relocate. it may be too open and by blocking one little vent it makes it more secure. that's what i was getitng at. i don't want all vents blocked. make sense?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X