A thought on HLTV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought on HLTV

I know you can record individual matches and watch them as a .dem? file but I'm wondering... is this done with HLTV? If it is, I have an offer.

After chit-chatting with Muffin, I've decided to, if it's possible anyway, use our website to host replays of games we've done so we can all watch and learn.

The biggest thing I need to know is... is this possible or am i dreaming?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Re: A thought on HLTV

Basically what he's asking is does HLTV record in some form, such as .dem, that is playable by an individual client, should someone want to download and examine a match played on the server.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Yes, this is possible. I'll be uploading demos of tonight's jumping session which can serve as an example of what's possible.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Linky to demos?

Also note *thanks much to Wyz vastly superior knowledge* that we can request demos to be uploaded as HLTV records per-session. i had no idea on this.

Comment

Note that HLTV demos do not capture voice communications.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Would it be possible say... in the future when/if we hold another seminar or an event, what have you... that we could use a 3rd party program to capture the voices? one person record per side. I know i've seen Flarya comments before in demos. I just don't know how that works.

Comment

Well, tonight, we used alltalk, so any one person capturing the voicecomms at any given time is capturing the voicecomms heard by every player on the server. Using amx_demo on the server, players can record first person demos which will record all the voicecomms of all players, including themselves.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X