No announcement yet.

This weeks event - Relocation Thursday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weeks event - Relocation Thursday!

With the Blessing of Wyz I've been allowed to proceed with this weeks event. I know it's short notice so spread the word! Invite friends, family, significant others.. whoever!

This week the marines will kick it off by chosing a random relocation. Lets shoot for about 9PM EST? Lets get down to the nitty gritty!

1. the marines shall recieve up to a minimum of 1 minute not to exceed 3 minutes. The stock timer shall always be the 1 minute mark but the commander can request additional time. If this policy is abused it will be revoked.

2. Vent blocking - rules still apply except for one small tweak. Depending on where the marines relocate to they are allowed to block one vent exits into their new base. Only the exit part can be blocked. You cannot block an intersection in a vent even though it "leads to the base". make sense? Also you cannot block vents if there are only 1-2 ways into the base. *The reason this was added was to help make a base a little more secure, not be a total lock down. This too is subject to being revoked*

3. During this time all aliens must stay at home. They may, if they wish, send out a scout (not to exceed 2 aliens, and adj' can not be a scout ;)). Scouts can be killed but may NOT be persuied by the enemie team. The purpose of this is to counter the horrible deficet that aliens will get due to the lack of res/rfk. note: Once the scout(s) die, they must remain in base untill the timer is up.

4. When the marines move together they MUST stick together. Neither team can cap any nodes during this time.

5. The new marine base is as described - 1 IP and 1 Comm Chair. Both must be built before game play beings and the comm declairs that the base has been built.

Wyz has also asked for liberal use of the CD-Opt to advertise this. So admins please do your best to tell everyone they are welcome to the event, but that we still will enforce all our rules.

Other then that... have fun, good luck!

*edited for clarity and other fixes
    Last edited by Lt.Asher; 09-21-2004, 10:07 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Re: This weeks event - Relocation Thursday!

Sweet! Count me in, this sounds fun.
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Thoughts:

Exit is a relative term. Use things which are undebatably measurable. For example: "the marines may only block the exit of the vent closest to their base."

Also, I believe my wording was to "be liberal" with CDOPT. I don't want crap games for the two hours leading up this event, but it would be nice to have a few new folks around when it goes down, if we can manage it.

So the marines can attack the scouts, right? Presumably only in a defensive posture? As in.. they can't pursue the scouts?
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Correct, fixt, and correct. Thanks wyz. Any other comments?

Comment

My main concern would be a relocation right next to the hive. All the marines would have to do is build 3 ip's and simply out-spawn the aliens.
          Rm 14:2 NIV
          One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I dont understand why we need to change the rules for blocking a vent. Isnt the point of this to find new places to relocate too? So giving the marines the advantage of going against the rules and blocking a vent against that?

Comment

I don't foresee this being a problem, but it might be. And it is up to the commander to relocate where he wants. Obviously if it's close enough for the aliens to hear i don't have a problem with the aliens using their scouts to smoke marines. Just make sure you use Adj' ;)

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                I dont understand why we need to change the rules for blocking a vent. Isnt the point of this to find new places to relocate too? So giving the marines the advantage of going against the rules and blocking a vent against that?
                The reason is this....

Depending on where the marines relocate, their base may or may not be too open to attacks. By blocking 1 vent it lets them secure their base a little better. Now obviously if there is only one way into the new base and it is vent blocked then that is against the rules. i'll modify that asap.

Comment

I'm not sure that the point of this is anything, really, other than to play something a bit different and have fun. The server will be full of regulars, and everyone understands that the point of this is to try something new and HAVE FUN. I'm sure, if a vent is critical to any alien advancement into marine spawn, it won't be blocked.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

FYI - I forgot to mention time *edited the main post*. Lets go for about 9PM EST?

Comment

9PM sounds good.

I have concerns about giving marines too much time for free in the beginning. I don't have a recommendation, but I've got a feeling that it's going to be a fine line between "just enough time for effect" and "the aliens can't catch up."

Comment

Well I really want to push for 1 minute. But I have to realize that we are going to advertise this and probably not have CD on so I have to take into account the fact that some marines may not listen untill the comm yells at them for a good 30 seconds or so.

Comment

why exclude me D:

Comment

how about saturday?, im working night on Thursday, working night the whole week this week

Comment

I'm teasing Adj' ;) Just a bit of fun at your uberness - but please don't solo the entire relocating marine team :)

And I'd really like to keep the events to Thursday for the time being. No one really has plans on thursday and I'd like to be able to advertise it under this for a while to attract new players.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X