Comments and thoughts on tonights event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments and thoughts on tonights event

Overall: Once we got it all figured out it really went how I wanted. I was very pleased and I think it worked out well.

I think from now on aliens must wait in the hive and have no scouts. Marines get 1 minute max to build base. But once a IP + Comm chair is built the marines must declare ready.

note: Marines are not to build anything before IP & Comm.

I like the thought of giving the marines 2 minutes in "Tournament Mode" to find a sutable location. The next time I call an event like this I will declare maps earlier so comms can get an idea of where they wanna locate to.

Other then that. Thoughts, suggestions, comments? Was it enjoyable enough for me to plan one for next week?

Thanks to all those who showed up! Made for some good games :)
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Re: Comments and thoughts on tonights event

Yes, please plan one for next week.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

On a totally unrelated note... I can't delete posts :) or I have no idea how to. Can someone delete my sticky and the server info one if I don't have this power?

Comment

I've unstickied the thread.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good fun -- when I played both marines and aliens.

I'm down for next week!
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

As you can tell by the time (nearly 5:00 AM), I didn't get my setup fixed in time. I just powered on my computer for the first time in 3 days, but its setup and ready to rock for next time.

Comment

I had a lot of fun! Next time let me relocate something.. i got a HUGE mind when it comes to those spots! hehe

Shotteh kill for teh win, stupid!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                I had a lot of fun! Next time let me relocate something.. i got a HUGE mind when it comes to those spots! hehe

Shotteh kill for teh win, stupid!! :D
                Yeah -- sneaky you!

Comment

Relocation Thursday was a blast! Good job to whomever planned and promoted the event. Everything went smoothly....finding the p4sswerd on TG was a breeze.

I think Marines should get more time for relocation...more than two minutes. This will lead to more exotic relocation spots. Last night we just waited until Marines said ready, correct?

Thanks again! I had a blast.

drew_952

Comment

Sadly I didn't get as much playtime as I was looking forward to, but what I did play was very entertaining =). Thanks for setting it all up bagel, and I'm looking forward to next week.

I think a 2 minute relocation time or whatever would be in order, but the aliens would HAVE to be allowed to drop one undisturbed resource node in that time.
                    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

No no no no. Two minute *SCOUT* time before the round start where all the marines run around and check locations out. After the bell rings - they've got as much time as they want to 1) put up a cc 2) put up an ip ---- then say "ready" and the aliens are free to do as they choose. If the marines take longer to get to an exotic point, the aliens get more res and the balance should be fair. After they've got their cc and ip, they can put up an RT after which they must recycle MS rt.

Comment

I like that idea Stupid and I'm going to incorperate it into the Relocation rules. Thanks!

Comment

It was very nice. I want to be an Evil fade again! ok this is better
                          Last edited by Moi allo; 09-24-2004, 06:10 PM.
                          There's an Evil Fade in Cargo

Comment

Well, I never even played much of a game but it was fun. Sorry about leaving, next week I shouldn't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Moi allo
                              It was very nice. I want to be an evil fade again!
                              Repaired for author authenticity.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X