• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Crash? Thursday 9PM? PST?

Just wondering if its me or the server.

Re: Server Crash? Thursday 9PM? PST?

I'm also showing the server down. :(
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

down 12am EST =P
      No matter how good an idea you think it is. If you tfac MS, your team will eject you, your clan will cut you, and your mom wont love you. - RouterBox's guide to commanding

Comment

Yes, server crashed and stayed down. Up now at 10:30 PST, not sure how long it was out.

Comment

Since software seems to check out.. then server is problem? Need new server provider... aren't we paying them so that this doesn't happen?

Comment

Interestingly enough, the HLTV server stayed up. Isn't that run off the same box?

I was able to join the HLTV server and spectate the crashed game, with all players still in the positions they were in when the game crashed, just not moving. So the crash was probably on the NS instance rather than the whole machine.

Comment

This wasn't the fault of the server provider. The box was in great shape. The game server software is what croaked.

HLDS is DYING.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

heh, reformat i say! reformat it all and reinstall! :P

Hmm, if it is the software i do wonder if a source port would fair better.

Comment

Isn't there protections in place for HLDS crashes / lockups?
                  birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Yes. They're imperfect despite their general reliability.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X