CO: respawn ticket system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CO: respawn ticket system

The total number of tickets is certainly an important part of all of this and needs to be considered as well. I'll up the multiplier for both teams and see how it suits us.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Understand but! good fades don't die. 90% of the alien team deaths are going to be skulks. You don't need to adjust the team's total value.
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that skulk cost isn't a problem as long as the aliens play smarter?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

so what if everyone on the team goes onos with carapice, regeneration, and redemption....

thats not very fair for the marines =/

Maybe if you made it so that if an alien gets redemption, his ticket cost would automatically increase by 4X what his lifeform cost is... or maybe you can calculate the amout of times someone redemed after his last death and multiply his ticket cost at death by half his redemption times...

so if he is worth 40 tickets when he dies (in a normal death) and he redeems 4 times, you wuold multiply 40 by half the 4 (2) and get 80 total ticket cost upon death.... just an idea.

The problem with the ticket system is not only with redemption, but with total HP and specialization... Lets say a team of 5 v 5, all marines get heavy armors and HMG's and all marines get onos with carapace, adrenaline, celerity and regeneration (note, im not including redemption)...

Obviosly the onoses would dominate, onoses simply have much much more HP than heavys, not to mention regeneration.

Another problem i think exists with the marines is health very early in the game, aliens simply kill you and go back to heal and come back... marines have to sit there at the armory for a long long time (if more than 1 medpack is needed) and due to the speed of aliens usually this practice gets them killed.... maybe an armory heal range plugin (same way hive heals aliens) would be a balance fix for this issue.

Also, people always seem to go jetpack and rush the hive, at which aliens just go gorge, spit webs, and heal the hive... For the ticket system to work well for marines they would all have to go heavy, but nobody does it...

Also i noticed that xenocide costs tickets, just an observation...

The ticket system is an awesome idea, just needs to be super tweaked to work well, please dont take my feedback as saying your plugin sucks or anything... i'm just observing problems that i believe exist in it... and these arent your problems, they are CO's, you're trying to repair the wrongs of CO, something even flaryra has had hell trying to do, and to this i must say to this is.... godspeed!
          Prejudice sucks:
          Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

Agreed with para. We should implement giant death traps that devour people who sit in their spawn area for too long.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Well, this should be giving you an idea of what I was talking about earlier with the plugin getting too convoluted for its own good. When we try to take into account this many factors at once, balancing it and keeping it fun is a nightmare. Even if we eventually come up with a good balance by tweaking all these dozens of factors for weeks and months, it will be so fragile that it will be thrown off by the unavoidable wild card factors, like player skill... Simply put, the more stuff the plugin does, the more problems it creates, which then have to be fixed by more stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that skulk cost isn't a problem as long as the aliens play smarter?
                I'm not sure what I'm saying.

Other than I don't think you need to increase the total number of alien tickets just because you adjusted the fade/lerk/ono values up.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

The feedback in the poll thread doesn't look promising, but one consistent complaint I see is with spawncamping (incredibly, I've yet to be in a game with spawncamping, but that's beside the point).

I have added the following say_team command:

/safespawn

This gives a player spawn invulnerability for X seconds at the cost of Y tickets.

X and Y are obviously configurable and are presently set to 2 and 10, respectively.

If you're being camped, this command allows you a way out.

I already see a griefer potential, but there's a griefer potential with FF, too... that's what amx_kick is for.

Let me know if this helps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X