*IMPORTANT* Event moved back an hour!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *IMPORTANT* Event moved back an hour!

Last week I got a few PMs that asked for a later time. Seeing as how the game didn't really get going untill an hour later, I agreed and changed it this week. Now it seems people want it back to the previous time. So here's the times.

9PM EST, 8PM CST, 7PM MST, 6PM PST.

Wyz after the event happens tonight can you post a poll on what time people want the event to being based on EST? Thank you!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Re: *IMPORTANT* Event moved back an hour!

I wish I could participate in some of these...would be interesting and a nice change of pace from standard NS. But alas...class eats up my entire Thursday evenings. :(

Comment

We played one game ..... and apparently that was enough.
      Played a pretty good game on Veil just after that.
      As was the 1hr Agora game after that.
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I wasn't realy enjoying the gravity thing... seemed that marines somehow had the advantage, while the skulks once in the air, had no chance.

That agora game was great. Lasted a long time, went back and forth for the whole game. Marines held out way longer thatn expected, seeing as though the last 20 minutes of the game, I was onos 5 or 6 times. I just kept rushing, and didn't realy care. Couldn't spend the res fast enough!!
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Low grav gives marines an advantage because they can shoot while they're flying backwards, JPs are super-powered, and skulks are very easy slow-moving targets as they jump. High grav gives marines an advantage too because except for JPs, they rarely need to jump, but aliens can't easily bunnyhop or dodge.

Comment

In low-grav, jumping=death. That's all well and good for CS servers where jumping isn't huge. However, skulks are constantly jumping to dodge, so NS gameplay just didn't fit in with it. Even still, the time I played on the event was terrific. Seeing a cloaked skulk mirage coming at you is creepy.

Comment

Actually, to be more precise: in low grav, jumping is a abandonment of directional freedom. In CS, this doesn't matter much, as your weapon moves independent of your person. In NS, as an alien, this is typically not the case.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X