Resbalance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resbalance

I can't find an original thread - so here's a new one!

Are we going to see a return of the plugin that divvies up the alien res when they time-out / leave / get kicked? It would have been very useful in several games this weekend (eg newbs not communicating, not spending, and taking their precious 100 res with them).
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Re: Resbalance

Yes, we will. I should have this finished by the end of this week.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

we could of really used this today..

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Yes, we will. I should have this finished by the end of this week.
        In addition to you being the man, you are also THE man, the MAN, and THE MAN. Also Theman, but that's a different tale.
        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Huh...I already thought it was fully functional and active for b5...fooled me. Guess I haven't needed it lately thanks to wonderful teamwork. ;)
          --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

This plugin has been re-written and tested to work. It remains disabled on the server, as I want a server full of regulars present when I am so that I can test it in a larger game. After it's been more thoroughly tested, I'll enable it permanently.

This plugin only affects NS games.

This plugin affects nothing until mp_latejointime has passed (1:30).

This plugin distributes evenly among the remaining aliens the resources of a departing alien.

This plugin distributes resources when a player exits the alien team, be it as part of a disconnection/quit or simply going/F4ing to the readyroom.

This plugin sets a returning alien's resources to zero (0) as soon as they enter the game * IF * they previously LEFT the alien team in the SAME round.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
              In addition to you being the man, you are also THE man, the MAN, and THE MAN. Also Theman, but that's a different tale.
              Wow, wyz's head gets bigger by the day. Don't contribute please, and don't feed the wyzcraks....

Originally posted by wyzcrak
              This plugin sets a returning alien's resources to zero (0) as soon as they enter the game * IF * they previously LEFT the alien team in the SAME round.
              um, what? So you set it to zero if they previously left the alien team, but if the hadn't, wouldn't they start out at zero anyway?

I mean, if you're going to hoist your silly code upon the masses, en masse, the least you could do is describe it clearly. I mean, is that too much to ask? :icon_bigg
              Last edited by CaveDog; 10-12-2004, 09:50 AM. Reason: hoisted my silly grammar mistakes upon the masses
              --
              CaveDog
              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

My explanation was clear. You're simply too complicated. :)

Comment

They would start out at 25 as opposed to 0. It would appear this makes it so people can't leave with 0 resources so they can come back with 25...or does the game already do that?

Comment

Wow, wyze that’s very ambitious. Remember The System, especially you stupid.
                    ;-) KISS: K eep I t S imple S tupid

I thought the old plug-in was a huge improvement over the original.
                    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

Comment

This plugin operates identically to the beta4 version. It is, in fact, simple.

Some facts:

The following assumes that all events occur within the same round. This plugin resets at the beginning of every round.

Without the resbalance plugin (default NS behavior) :

1. Until mp_latejointime passes (mp_latejointime is set to 1 minute and 30 seconds on our server), all players joining the alien team FOR THE FIRST TIME (including those players who "join" the alien team when the round begins) are GIVEN, by the game, 25 resources. Players joining AFTER mp_latejointime has passed are given NO resources, but start at zero (0) and must accumulate resources per gameplay's opportunities (resource nodes, RFK, etc).

2. A player LEAVING the alien team does not affect the resources count of any other player. No resources are distributed to teammates: the resources are LOST to the team unless and until that player returns to the alien team, at which time Point #3 comes into play. (This can be very damning to the aliens at times, which is what inspired me to create this plugin).

3. When a player comes BACK to the alien team, he is given the resources he had when he LEFT the alien team (regardless of why he left in the first place).

So, without the plugin, the resources belong exclusively to the INDIVIDUAL, even if the individual departs the TEAM, for whatever reason.

Now... WITH the resbalance plugin (modified NS behavior) :

1. THIS IS UNCHANGED FROM POINT #1 ABOVE. THE PLUGIN CHANGES NOTHING.

2. BEFORE MP_LATEJOINTIME PASSES, THIS IS UNCHANGED FROM POINT #2 ABOVE. THE PLUGIN CHANGES NOTHING.

HOWEVER, AFTER MP_LATEJOINTIME PASSES, THE PLUGIN CHANGES GAMEPLAY:

AFTER MP_LATEJOINTIME PASSES, a player leaving the alien team results in that player's resources being evenly and immediately distributed to the players remaining on the alien team. The resources no longer belong to the departing player: they have been given to his team to use in his absense.

Note: The mp_latejointime restriction is there to discourage exploitation. Without it, the aliens could systematically leave/re-join the alien team early in the round to give one member of their team an abnormally-high resources count.

3. THIS IS UNCHANGED FROM POINT #3 ABOVE. THE PLUGIN CHANGES NOTHING, but there is a VERY IMPORTANT CAVEAT: the number of resources a player has when he leaves AFTER mp_latejointime has passed is zero (0), as the resources were given to his team when he left. This means, in effect, that players returning to the alien team after a post-mp_latejointime departure will have no resources when they re-join the alien team.

So, WITH the plugin, the resources belong to the individual only UNTIL he leaves the team, at which point they belong to the TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
                        What about thee man and da man?

I remember one game (I think Ender referred to it) where 3 people with 50+ res left. ...ow.

Comment

Just an idea.

Can you put a plugin on the server where aliens can share res with just the gorges? This way if a fade has 100+ res, you dont want him to go gorge, drop a hive then go back to fade. He can just give his res to a gorg to go put up another hive or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                            Just an idea.

Can you put a plugin on the server where aliens can share res with just the gorges? This way if a fade has 100+ res, you dont want him to go gorge, drop a hive then go back to fade. He can just give his res to a gorg to go put up another hive or whatever.
                            There's already a plugin like that, and I personally hate playing on servers like that. The reason for that is because with a large enough game, you can put up the hive almost instantly (2 people put up res, one goes gorge, 2 more give their 25 res to the gorge, and the gorge has a hive up in under 30 seconds).

All the aliens have to do is keep the hive alive until the second hive is up, and then they can beat down the marines easily due to the tech being too quickly advanced for the rines to handle.

I preffer the way it is now, if the fade has 100 res, he just stays there and any res he would get (from the normal ticks, or from his kills) goes to overflow.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing however would be a plugin that makes it so overflow goes to gorges only until there are no more gorges left with less than 100 res... That would help out a lot in this situation.

Comment

To shadow Mito: yes, it's possible. I share Mito's disinterest in the plugin, for various reasons, not the least of which is the satisfaction I get from witnessing and managing the coordination of a team of individual resources pools.

The fade is actually a textbook example. If a fade has 100 resources, he needs to get to a hive, gestates to gorge, drop the hive, gestate to fade and continue on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X