Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob!

Hey guys -

I joined TG to play Ghost Recon, then went away for the summer to work (Park Ranger working the night and weekend shift) so I had no play time. Came back and can never find a game of GR going, so I figured I'd pop in HalfLife and see what was going on.

I've read the guides in the forums and the unofficial guide on the NS website forums, but I still have a lot to learn. Sorry for those of you that have to deal with my erratic nature. Just tonight I got the minimaps with the labels installed, but it still takes me a few to figure out where I'm going. I'm starting to get the hang of the basics....still can't kill anything, but eh.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that Mikey isn't some troll. Hopefully I'll get better, but I'm always more than willing to work in a team, so just tell me what to do (the more explicit the better for now) and I'll do my best.

Mike

Re: Noob!

Well, for starters, you can stop turning on your OMGPANCIH4X when you're the last marine alive on ns_caged.... ;)

Nah, just playin...

.. hey man.. thanks for taking the time to hop in the NS forums and say hello. We can help you learn the basics of the game and the maps. If you have a microphone, that's awesome, too.

Looking forward to seeing you in the server more. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hey, that's a l33t [email protected]!! I mean, sliding around like that definitely kept me alive a few more seconds than usual.

Comment

Welcome. You will fit in nicely here indeed, pleasure playing with you.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

And CD-REQ nets us another newbie that WANTS to learn! (okay...so he already played on TG...minor detail.)
          --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Originally posted by realmikey
            Hey guys -

I joined TG to play Ghost Recon, then went away for the summer to work ..... Came back and can never find a game of GR going, so I figured I'd pop in HalfLife and see what was going on.
            Viiiiiiiiiiiiite! That's funny as I was on last night while you were posting this. Waiting patiently for the late night folks to show up.

Originally posted by realmikey
            Anyways, just wanted to let you know that Mikey isn't some troll. Hopefully I'll get better, but I'm always more than willing to work in a team, so just tell me what to do (the more explicit the better for now) and I'll do my best.

Mike
            I can personally vouch for this having played many a GR game with him. Treat him nice and he will return. Over and over again. He actually makes a lovely target...
            :icon7:
            I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

I also make a lovely diced Santal soup... ;)

Comment

FINALLY.
                NS snags one from GR for once. :)

Hola Vite, welcome to our pad.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

As long as you bind a key to voice chat and use it to communicate with your team: I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Oh yea, and don't hump my armory.

Comment

I'll work on using voice chat, may have to stick with a few hotkeys for now. I'll set those up before I play again though.

Comment

fenix... can i hump your armory? ;)

hey mikey, nice to see you on the server and on the boards.
                      i'll try to help ya out ingame if you have anyquestions, just ask.
                      see you on the server

Comment

voice chat is overrated, don't let them indoctrinate you

Comment

You shut your keyboard.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

+voicerecord
                            Join ussssssss.
                            -voicerecord
                            say_team typing sucks, I like screaming at you guys.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Welcome! Injoy your stay!!
                              -Kitfox

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse