No announcement yet.

fellas, ya gotta respect the ladies...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fellas, ya gotta respect the ladies...

Just a quick note here.. not a new "rule", per se, as this falls under "RESPECT" (rule #2), but it's something to please keep in mind.

This evening, a female player joined our server. She's both new to NS and new to our server, although tonight wasn't her first visit (I've played a few games with her in the past).

To cut to the chase, it wasn't long before someone made a quip (alltalk was on) about someone else on the server acting the way they were because "they might be turned on by your voice." It wasn't supposed to mean anything, and it wasn't intended as a harmful comment, but it caught my attention as unnecessary and potentially awkward for her, especially following someone else's awkward question of "are you a girl??" when she first got her microphone working.

If a female player joins our server, please don't make comments that might make her uncomfortable, especially if she's in the lower age groups. There's really very little reason to point out the fact that she's female just for the sake of pointing that out, be it directly or indirectly.

Just thought I'd mention that. Thank you.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: fellas, ya gotta respect the ladies...

Fully and completly agreed. The majority of gamers believe there should be more female gamers around, but at the same time, go through great lengths to upset/fluster/disgust/make them uncomfortable. Just leave it alone and be happy she chose to stop by and play, and also be happy that she chose Tactical Gamer, the number one place to be!
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

[QUOTE=Wyzcrak] following someone else's awkward question of "are you a girl??" QUOTE]

I made that remark, but it was not intended as a quip. I just wanted to make sure because, In the past I have mistaken some young men with squeaky voices as being female and ended up offending some people on a DOD server back in the day. (some one playing baby got back on hlamp.... its a long story)

Anyways that was me. Sorry if it gave the wrong impression.
      "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Comment

Heh, no worries. I'm currently doing a phone survey thing (work is work...) and I called some lady a guy...I swear to god she sounded like my grandpa. Thankfully it was at the end of the survey so I got to hang up ^^.
        --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

LOL those sound like two funny stories...

... lordfiredetergent said it best: no worries. Like I say, it was just a reminder about something I'm confident we all feel similarly about.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

"lolol, hey are u raelly a gurl? a/s/l!?"

I would prefer more women on the server. It would be a nice change from Wyz and Custom's annoying voices.

Comment

And my annoying voice.

Comment

What happened to Kitfox? Wasn't she a regular for a while? Anyway, I've seen a survey that actually says female gamers outnumber males. Have yet to see proof....

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                  What happened to Kitfox? Wasn't she a regular for a while? Anyway, I've seen a survey that actually says female gamers outnumber males. Have yet to see proof....
                  That you probably dreamt...

Props to Wyz for the name quip.

On the serious side: as an admin, I'll be taking rule #2 pretty seriously - not just for this instance, but for all instances where the quality of gameplay is being degraded by abusive attitudes.
                  Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
                    And my annoying voice.
                    you dont talk.

omgomgomgomg wyz r u a gurl?
                    lllolllolllolllolllolllolllolllolll

anyways on a serious note, i argee with what was said above.

Comment

I try to argee at least three times a day, honestly.

Comment

Kit was on thew server a few days ago forgot exactly what day and what time.
                        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yes I was... for the first time in a looong time. I was thinking about coming back and playing a bit more now. When I played Sunday it made me realize how much I miss it here.
                          And also.. respect the ladies because we're awesome..and..stuff..
                          Actually only I am.
                          Seriously, it does get annoying when guys hit on us and things like that. Or the guys that are mean like the ones that call me "fat" and "slutty". Sometimes its really funny though :P
                          -Kitfox

Comment

Originally posted by Kitfox
                            Or the guys that are mean like the ones that call me "fat" and "slutty".
                            Ender calls me that sometimes.

I hope to see more of you on the server, kit.

FEAR THE FOX. :)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
                              And my annoying voice.
                              Maybe if you actually played here anymore...

I would ask if you thought you were too good for us, but I already know the answer. Haha!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X