No announcement yet.

Unchained chamber plugin after Beta 6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unchained chamber plugin after Beta 6?

The devs/testers have been hinting lately that B6 will contain fixes to alleviate DMS:
    Originally posted by Marik_Steele
    Guys, trust me, there are ways of making sensory chambers useful, even if they didn't offer focus at all. I'm not allowed to specify, but there was a recent playtest where sensory had enough changes that playtesters complained it was too good.
    Originally posted by Zunni
    We are working on something for B6 that should reduce that dependancy on d first....
    I know better than to waste time theorizing about their little clues, but let's say theoretically that Beta 6 makes all three chambers more or less equal choices... Would we still use Unchained Chambers?

I personally would be in favor of ditching the plugin in favor of a choice of upgrade paths. First of all, there's the obvious problem that unchained could become very unbalanced by whatever changes they make. Also, I, for one, only really support unchained because DMS is so tiresome. If the aliens had multiple viable tech paths that they could branch out into, it would give them a lot more variety than unchained(which still favors a set build order, just to a lesser extent than DMS), and a little variety between games is definitely something the aliens could use right now.

Re: Unchained chamber plugin after Beta 6?

Originally posted by [url=http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showpost.php?p=108882&postcount=1]Wyzcrak[/url]
    I have no love for unchained beyond the superb job it does addressing the monotony of the way most Classic NS games just drool all over the alien tech tree, and I'd happily abandon unchained in favor of the dev's solution to that problem (if/when they create one) if it creates as much fun as does unchained.
    I think that sums up how I feel. I will say that they've got their work cut out for them when it comes to creating something as entertaining as unchained. But then, I play their game every day, so them impressing me wouldn't come as a surprise. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      I think that sums up how I feel. I will say that they've got their work cut out for them when it comes to creating something as entertaining as unchained. But then, I play their game every day, so them impressing me wouldn't come as a surprise. :)
      Indeed. Unchained was created because functionally, DMS was the only choice for an upgrade path for aliens, and that was tiresome. If whatever comes boxed can make the upgrade paths mo' betta', then unchained can take a hike.

Until then, it won't leave until it's pried from my cold dead fingers. :)
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'm all for unchained goin out the window if and when the chambers are balanced, viable, and fun to play with. Particularly movement chambers. I am *not* satisfied with "defense or sensory first." All 3 of them full functional and viable, or unchained stays.
        --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

I think what we should do is for the first week or so keep the release chained and then try out unchained the week after or something like that. I do feel we should atleast give unchain a decent play through to see if it can still be used.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Neg. Unchained was an answer to a problem (chamber predictability) the NS dev team has claimed to solve with 3.0.

Not unless we decide that claim invalid will we consider re-introducing unchained.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wow thats scary, i hate when they hold back information, reminds me of the govn't.

And i think we should wait till we reintroduce unchained. But then again, the def. Cham. is most offten then not the first D, and good commanders combat that real well nowa days.
              Last edited by Black_V!per; 03-05-2005, 11:07 AM. Reason: Reread thread.
              Oyee

Comment

From what I've been told from people that played alot of B6, you can expect alot of sensory first now, as it's much more useful.
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X