/res and /delwp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /res and /delwp

I have decided to disallow the use of these commands using the 'say' command. The other team has no reason to see these commands.

Effective 11/01/04, these commands will be accessible only via say_team.

Also available is the console command 'delwp'. I prefer this, as it doesn't clutter textcomm at all, not even your own team.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: /res and /delwp

Or everyone could bind "+showres" to a key, and there is no "/res" spam at all ;)

Comment

I tried that, but you have to hold down the key for the duration of the time that you want to view the data. With /res, you can slap it (I'm aware of the bug that makes you sometimes have to slap it twice -- I'm working on a fix).

Some spam from these commands is good, as it educates your teammates about the option.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

*Big fan of +showres* Don't like clutter of any sort on my screen. Be the the /res in text, or the /res display staying up longer than I specifically want it to :P.

Not overly fond of /delwp either...hurts marine stealth even more, because it sets off a "objective completed" or whatever voice macro. Yar. But thats a different subject =). Anywho...eliminating general spam is good.
        --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

I use +showres and have a say_team /delwp bind. I only use the '/delwp' if the waypoint is in my way while building and looking for incomming skulks. I didn't know the "Objective completed" played out loud for all, thought is was client-side.

Comment

Yeh. plays for all just like "Roger that", "Got your back", "My shrink says I need an outlet for my agression..." etc etc :P
            --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X