• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voiceall overrides muting

The title pretty much says it all. This happened to me earlier today:
    - Player A (me) mutes Player B.
    - Player B starts using voiceall
    - Player A starts hearing player B despite the mute still showing up on the scoreboard.

This is probably bad.
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Re: voiceall overrides muting

Hm.. yes.. that is problematic.

However, I must say that I don't allow muting when I'm on the server. If a mute has happened, someone is out of line and needs to be corrected (that could be the person muting).

I'll add this to my list of issues for the server. Thank you for the feedback.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      However, I must say that I don't allow muting when I'm on the server. If a mute has happened, someone is out of line and needs to be corrected (that could be the person muting).
      At the time there was no admin on the server and someone (I think it was attrition maybe?) had already left to page one. Later on, a paying member arrived (Ender) and kicked the offending member.

Comment

You shouldn't have to leave to page one. Last I heard, amx_page was working. And if not, this is Wyz's official reminder to get it up and running again. :)
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

what is voiceall?

am i clueless or what?
          --
          CaveDog
          "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Wait...why is muting not allowed? I understand if it's not debate-able but I want to get the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CaveDog
              what is voiceall?

am i clueless or what?
              Voiceall is a command that does a forced "alltalk".

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                Wait...why is muting not allowed? I understand if it's not debate-able but I want to get the reason.
                Well, my understanding is that, if you're muting someone, one of the rules is being broken. Certainly the communication rule is being broken... but that's a side effect. When things have broken down to the point that you have to mute a player, odds are things are in a pretty bad state. So I think Wyz's reason for disliking muting is that it is a sign that something is wrong and should be fixed. Muting in itself is not a solution for anything.

Comment

zib wins the prize. :) That's exactly right.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm sorry, many of you talk far too much. It's literally impossible to hear anything if everyone is talking. Muting doesn't block text on your team, so I don't see why it would be 'disallowed". I enjoy hearing that skulk thats running in a straight line at me, not being killed by him because 3 people decide to talk for 30 seconds straight.

Comment

I'm with adj on this one. This is especially important early game before armor 1. Marines shouldn't have too much to say that early in the game, its all about nodes :P.

Some of you may feel otherwise since communication is important. Seriously though we have all played enough to know what we are doing (and the world does not revolve around a particular person for them to be constantly spamming voice needlessly).

I haven't had to mute players for whole games before, but there are a couple out there who could use tape on their mouth because they feel we need to know about every single thing they need or are doing. Heck even I may be chatty at times, but I try not to because I know how annoying it is for me.

As far as voiceall goes, its a combat only function, so blah...

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I agree that some among us talk too often. I never mind having this pointed out about myself, as long as the person is complaining about it in response to their inability to hear the game. Similarly, I don't hesitate to silence (not mute) other players, especially in the early game, when I think they're having this effect on me or my teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          I agree that some among us talk too often. I never mind having this pointed out about myself, as long as the person is complaining about it in response to their inability to hear the game. Similarly, I don't hesitate to silence (not mute) other players, especially in the early game, when I think they're having this effect on me or my teammates.
                          right, asking them to stfu is better than muting, it solves nothing, espacaly long term. The offenders are often repeat offenders.

Also, sometimes those people actually have something to say, so you will be hurt by it eventually. (in theory)
                          --
                          CaveDog
                          "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Well, I can understand several good reasons why you just mute someone. All of the reasons share one thing in common, though: you're catering to yourself regardless of detriment to your team. That's all well and good unless it's your server, I guess. My job, anytime I'm on the server, is to react to players' behavior in whatever fashion promotes the success of the server and the experience we all have playing on it. To be sure, my practice of that theory is sometimes imperfect, but that's part of being human.

So, I don't mute players. My mute is called amx_kick, and comes only after warnings, which typically (but not always) follow polite requests.

For the rest of you, PLEASE USE ADMINS. USE "say_team @". If someone is spamming voicecomm, and they won't stop per your request, let an admin know so the problem can be REMOVED, not worked AROUND.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                              I'm sorry, many of you talk far too much. It's literally impossible to hear anything if everyone is talking. Muting doesn't block text on your team, so I don't see why it would be 'disallowed". I enjoy hearing that skulk thats running in a straight line at me, not being killed by him because 3 people decide to talk for 30 seconds straight.
                              I thought muting a player did block their text from popping up? It's always done that for me.
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X