voiceall overrides muting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: voiceall overrides muting

I could explain what I mean or simply say "I'm right, a lot of other people agree with me, so I don't care what you think and I'll just ignore you", but I felt like replying instead. It's a shame you don't understand explaining why you do something versus let people think what they want.

Comment

It's rarely an either or with you, Adj.

Too often, it's both, at the same time, and regardless of circumstance.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz understands...amazing :D

Seriously I make mistakes and poor decisions like everyone else, but I don't see the merit behind "not allowing peole to be muted when they always talk too much and the admins seem to get along with that". Have your fun, I'll have mine. We'll grow old and have babies.

Comment

Some would say you've already gotten old, Adj.

Nice emoticon. I always liked the green one.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

There's little better on these forums than Wyz and Adj sparring.

It's nice that Adj takes the time to explain why and how using the map makes you an effective player - but the admins on the server aren't going to tolerate mass muting. A player may get away with it for a time because they're using other resources effectively. There might come a time when an admin asks a person do something, who's otherwise muted, and hilarity may ensue.

To all players: I ecourage you to make use of your map in the ways that Adj suggests (as I do -- and there are other things to glean from it that I'll post about if I can remember). I ask you to get help from admins if players are chatting too much and ruining your play. I assure you that I base much of my game on audio cues and that if someone is talking too much I'LL be the first to do something about it.
            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Stupid is right. As a matter of fact, many players here need to learn to use the minimap basics. It's all too common that I'll be asked as a commander if we still have <insert structure reference here>.

Comment

I'm actually starting to use my minimap a lot more now. I have it bound to a better stop then I did (was "m" now its "number 2"). I do still relie on my team telling me what's what and who's going where and what they're doing. Sorry if thats bad, but I like to be informed of what I am rushing into.

I feel this way. If a player wants to mute me for whatever reason he is feel too. But if I'm trying to commincate with said player and he doesnt respond, I will kick him for lack of commincation with his team. So be my guest, mute me all you like, just pray I'm not a temp admin when you do.

On a side note: I know I talk a lot, but we're all basically friends here and its natural to talk amongest friends. I think some people take this game way too seriously half of the time and just need to relex a little bit. This isnt a clan match, we're just here to have fun. But if I am talking too much, just tell me so and I will be quiet. Hell, I know I've told stingray to stfu a lot because I was trying to listen for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
                  There's little better on these forums than Wyz and Adj sparring.

It's nice that Adj takes the time to explain why and how using the map makes you an effective player - but the admins on the server aren't going to tolerate mass muting.

To all players: I ecourage you to make use of your map in the ways that Adj suggests (as I do -- and there are other things to glean from it that I'll post about if I can remember). I ask you to get help from admins if players are chatting too much and ruining your play. I assure you that I base much of my game on audio cues and that if someone is talking too much I'LL be the first to do something about it.
                  I understand mass muting won't be tolerated, that wasn't my argument. However for now on I'll simply say "shutup" when people are talking too much, much like I do in a scrim.

Ender: If you play this game, you are spending time on it. Do you like to waste your time? I don't, and you probably don't either. If you take your time at it's value, you want to spend it doing something productive. Entertainment is productive. You take such things serious. Therefore you take gaming serious, because it is entertainment. I don't like dying because people decide to use HLSS and play "Big Girls Don't Cry", nor do I like it when they have a conversation about something that 5 words typed out could have denoted in a faster fashion. I will simply start telling people to stop talking, however.

Comment

Well done, Adj.

Maintain sincerity when holding true to the RESPECT rule when working with people on this when you're playing. It'd be a shame to break a second rule while working to follow the first.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X