Time to be "out of tickets"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to be "out of tickets"?

I've gotten great feedback on the tickets plugin, and I very much appreciate the thought and effort that everyone has put into it so far.

I'm not opposed to continue working on it, but I am opposed to making the playerbase endure something as trivial as this if it's hurting entertainment more than it's helping.

Weigh in. Thank you. :)
    Yes.
    60.00%
    No, but I reserve the right to say Yes later. :)
    40.00%
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Time to be "out of tickets"?

I find it adds a lot more intensity to the gameplay. It is now up to the aliens to actually move out and be careful and makes marines push a lot more. Most games are close though I can't say aliens still win more. The only addition would be to find Enigma's Steam ID and program it go give the aliens way less tickets when he joins. Seriously.

Comment

Agreed, it just leads right back to camping, just like before the timer. Theres no reason to leave base other than complete boredom, at which time whatever team cracks first loses. Plus we all know that marines are excellent at defense...look how long it takes to end a classic game with marines holed up in their base with a couple HMGs.
      --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

This mod makes combat "camptastic" for the marines.

Not to say without tweaking it wouldn't work great. But in it's current form, it makes combat suck even more than usual.

Comment

The games have had alot of camping especially tonight. However being the last alien as a fade with a good set of upgrades and the marines with shotties and HMGs is fun. However I rather it be out.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I like the idea of the ticket system very much. The first dozen or so games of playing with tickets were very enjoyable until the current camping situations became common place. I really disliked the last few combat games I participated in, but I would like to see an effort to find a solution rather than a discontinuation of the system entirely.

This might be a bad idea, but what if players could reclaim tickets by damaging the enemy hive or cc? That might provide the motivation necessary for the marines and aliens to get out of their spawn, or it might just add one more reason to camp base. Regardless, I think a solution could be provided by somehow tying the hive/cc into the ticket system in a way that would make players prioritize the death of the enemy structure over the defense of their own. Maybe the time limit with defending aliens will turn out to be the only viable method. Maybe not.

I just think it is too soon to make a final decision on the ticket system.

Comment

how about if you sit in one place for 30 seconds, you then, no matter what lifeform/team you are on, xenocide.
              bwha.. ha..hjhahahhahaa

Comment

Far to complex of a plugin for combat.

Comment

I like the concept, and I'd like to see it developed further until it works well. As for camping, is there anyway to make it so that you gain team tickets for hitting the hive/comm chair?

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking rather than ending the game by killing hive/cc it takes away oh...say 450 tickets? Sort of enough to end the game right there anyway...

Maybe instead of personal xp your team gets tickets then? Make combat more team-oriented. After all, if it trains for NS, it should be. The fact that solo rushes make your whole team get hurt already makes CO slightly more team-oriented. Now, we just need to end the camping.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking rather than ending the game by killing hive/cc it takes away oh...say 450 tickets? Sort of enough to end the game right there anyway...

Maybe instead of personal xp your team gets tickets then? Make combat more team-oriented. After all, if it trains for NS, it should be. The fact that solo rushes make your whole team get hurt already makes CO slightly more team-oriented. Now, we just need to end the camping.
                      Sadly, I figure that most of what you ask for is impossible without making an entirely serperate mod, because it involves changing conditions that more than likely a) aren't possible, and b) would make Steam very unhappy.
                      --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

or you could lose tickets if you camp, if thats possible to program in

Comment

I voted yes, but not because I think the plugin itself is bad or anything; I just think it's a little too complicated for the types of CO games we want here at TG.

I'm all for running it a little while longer to tweak it out for release on ModNS or something, but I think things should probably go back to (mostly) normal at some point in the future.
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: Time to be &quot;out of tickets&quot;?

Glad to have help tested - but it's killing combat for me.
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Re: Time to be &quot;out of tickets&quot;?

combat itself is killing combat for me..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X