Connot Continue Without Script...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connot Continue Without Script...

Thismorning when I tried to join the server, steam started downloading some "script" files, and model textures. There was a broken "hosting provided by" banner in the window that was pink.

Now I get this message when connecting to the server: Conno continue without script 'events/WeaponAnimation.sc, disconnecting.

Anyone ever see this? Nothings change on my system....
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: Connot Continue Without Script...

I have not had that problem.

Two days ago, I become unable to connect to any servers, despite having full internet access, no firewall, and being able to manage two servers remotely using HLSW and RCON.

Long story short, I attempted several solutions and none worked (having read the Steam forums, it seems lots of other people have this same problem).

Eventually, I backed up my mods ( NS, NS, and.. NS :) ) and completely uninstalled Steam. I then re-installed Steam, "installed" (aka downloaded) HL (it remembered my HL CD key based on my Steam login - NICE!), and restored my NS backup.

While this took hours, it was easily and straightforward (and a pain in the rear, but I digress...).

If nothing else seems to work, consider this solution.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks Wyz. I'll try a few things before i have to reinstall... it is a pain in the rear, i've had to do it MANY times. GG Valve.. ;)
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

dunno why you need a 0kb file.... but uhh.. here you go

http://www.digitalcreations.cc/snipe...onAnimation.sc

(right click, save as...)

put it in this folder:

YOURDRIVE:\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAILGOESHERE\half-life\ns\events

Comment

You could also shoot your self.

Comment

Nothingmore, I tried that, and didn't get to far. Thanks Sniper. I just ended up backing up my configs, and reinstalling. The "pink" screen came back up for 2 seconds, thenw as fine. I dunnooo...

Comment

The "pink screen" is (I believe)when you connect to a server, and download custom stuff from it, and they don't have a banner set up. So when you connect to TG for the first time, it has to download the custom image for the TG icon on the scoreboard...and it looks for a banner on the server, but doesn't find one, so it uses a gimp pink one instead. I think someone should find a way to correct this...a spiffy TG banner would be nice there ;)

Don't ask me how to do it though :P

Comment

Ohh ohh pick me! I know how to!!!!!

Wyzcrak, IM me tomorrow and i'll tell you how I did it! :)

(I did one for the servers i control :P.. forged in fire.. a CS WC3 clan :P)

Comment

I know how to do it, I've just never felt the need.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ohh okie. I can still do the banner if you want me to or something :P
                    Also, if you ever get a custom map, it really helps with them soo much. We had so many custom maps of our server, but there were 5 or so real popular downloads. Put them of the webspace, never had a complaint about custom map download eva again :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X